You are here

And her little game may have really backfired ..

SMof2Girls's picture

BM has been dragging her feet on scheduling court-ordered mediation until AFTER the court scheduling meeting tomorrow. She has stated that she refused to mediate before that date .. we have no idea why. There is no hearing; it's literally a meeting to schedule a court date with the judge.

Court has ordered two 2-hour mediation sessions to be completed prior to February 10. She has refused to answer any calls or requests for availability prior to Jan 22; and has called to cancel the one session that was scheduled for last week; claiming she was not available. They got the court order on Dec 5. DH just wants to get the mediation underway and done so that they can move forward. Him and his attorney both see no reason to delay or drag feet. There is added frustration because she refuses to discuss ANYTHING with him (schedules, holidays, etc) until after mediation is complete.

The mediation sessions are now scheduled for Jan 23 and Jan 30.

But as luck would have it, there's a very large snow storm rolling in today. The courts have already closed for today and we haven't had a flurry yet, and if the storm goes as planned, they will hopefully close tomorrow as well; delaying the court scheduling meeting for at least another week (it took 45 days to get the first one on the docket) .. which happens to be AFTER mediation occurs.

Just makes me giggle a little that her grand scheme to delay mediation has backfired }:)

EvilWickedSM's picture

Lol, she may just have played games enough to not be able to get that second one in before February 10th...leaving her in contempt. Sounds like it may just have backfired big-time on her. I hate these game-players...ugh. Be sure to keep us updated!!

SMof2Girls's picture

Mediator is fed up with her. I HOPE she tries to call and cancel mediation on Thursday .. all she can do at this point is make herself look worse and worse ...

EvilWickedSM's picture

Sounds like she's doing a very good job of showing everyone what a winner she is!!

Jsmom's picture

I am suspicious as to what is so important that she doesn't want to meet before that date? She is up to something...

SMof2Girls's picture

DH's attorney thinks that she's trying to use the "pressure" of a looming court date as a means to pressure DH to settle at that hearing. Her attorney has requested a meeting with all of them before or after the meeting with the judge.

I think her only real motivation is to avoid paying the $400 for mediation, which can only happen if they reach an agreement prior.

I just don't know why she refuses to communicate or discuss the change orders beforehand.

I can't imagine what else she could be up to, you know?

Jsmom's picture

The $400 in fees is not it, she is spending more in that with communication with her lawyer. Ours charges $25.00 an hour and almost that for every email. She has gone well over that.

She may have a change in circumstances before that date that will help with the judge or mediator. Something is up, guarantee it.

SMof2Girls's picture

You may be right .. I just can't fathom what it would be, know what I mean?

In her initial complaint filed with the court, she claims her [voluntary] relocation 50 miles away from DH is a change in circumstances requiring a revisit to custody. She's military, so it's highly unlikely she's received new orders already to re-station further away (her existing orders are for 4 years; she's not quite 1 full year in yet).

She is pregnant and remarried, which in her mind would justify a change since she thinks the skids now need to spend more time at her house because of a new baby; but I don't think the court would see it that way.

I don't doubt she's got a trick up her sleeve .. just don't know what it could be :?