You are here

Agreement over final trial?

fifi709's picture
Forums: 

So the custody battle is almost to an end (it never really ends), the final trial date is set for March 3rd. Mediation was supposed to be completed January 15th but of course BM called the day before and then never returned the mediator's phone calls so mediation hasn't even been done yet - it's required in our state. DH leaves for deployment in under two weeks (he will be flying back for the final). Our attorney emailed us on January 29th and proposed that DH and her and BM and her attorney all sit down and try to come to an agreement instead of doing mediation and going to the final trial. Is it just me or is our attorney fucking delusional? BM does not know DH is getting deployed, she will find out this week when they all sit down with each other. BM is already convinced that she is going to win the final trial and will not settle for anything less than full custody. When she gets into that room and hears DH is deploying she will absolutely be giddy with joy and there is no way in hell she will agree to anything less than her having SS 24/7 since DH will be gone. Am i seeing this wrong here? DH agrees with me by the way but agreed to it to show that he is willing to work with her.

fifi709's picture

He wants to keep the current parenting schedule that the judge ordered the last three times, which is two weekdays out of the week from 6 pm - 9 pm and every other weekend. However, he knows that that won't be possible so he is open to letting her have more time. At the last trial DH agreed to let her pick up SS from school on the two weekdays she has but the judge ordered against it since she no showed too many times.