You are here

I am back-same old same old

aka's picture

Hi,
I have been away from steptalk for awhile because I had a baby. I had a beautiful baby girl Kayden on 10/09. I won't go into my entire story but my skids don't stay with us. My DH sees them couple times a month but because their wacked mother made some accucsations they don't stay overnight here anylonger. It has been a complete mess for more than 4 years.. and finally I was pregnant with a child of my own finally. All my effort and energies go into her of course. My skids (18 and 14) are really only into themselves and don't have much to do with us of course.
Now that I have had a baby I kind of just want a life where my Husband contributes his fair share. It never bothered me before but now I just look around at the SAHM and I know that will never be me because my DH will be paying off his debt from his divorce probably almost all his life. Not just from child support but he had to file BK cuz of his divorce and I know it will always be up to me. I love my job and my career but honestly if I had a choice I would stay home with my little girl.
Are there any stepmoms out there that are SAHM and their DH actually takes care of them financially? I don't even know if that is possible.

Pantera's picture

I don't have any kids of my own, but these days, I don't know if its possible if anyone could be a SAHM. Even if my husband was never married without kids, I don't think it would be possible for me to be a SAHM. It really sucks.

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus