You are here

Illness?

lintini's picture

I've been battling infections for the past 3 weeks, and my FDH picked up his son today and ss12 is sick. Like coughing all over, bad headcold, etc who knows.

I am trying to recover from feeling dead for 3 weeks+ now.....why didn't she bother to tell us that he is sick?? I've had double ear infections, and lung infections and now it's affecting a stupid new tattoo I got so it's in my damn blood. I'm like a walking zombie.

Ew he's croop coughing right now.

How do you deal with this if you are sick or you have a new baby in the house and BM or BD just sends over a sick kid to give your entire household the plague?

In my circumstance,BM would shit her pants if we tried to get out of taking him because he is sick so, what do you all do??? Especially when you have a newborn??? I know I am sick but I see this as a new future problem when we have a little one and BM just flings the sick teenager at us. HERE HAVE THE PLAGUE FUCKERS!!!

Thanks!!!

lintini's picture

Sorry I don't have a baby yet, it was just a thought of the future since I would not want a sick kid even around me (like right now) let alone when I have a new born.

I was just wrapping my brain around the idea that why even my FDH brought him into our house with him being so sick and me being so sick.

He is non stop croop coughing.

FDH and BM have pretty much zero communication and ss12 is the middle man so there is no surprise that FDH did not know how ill he is.

This is really not cool. He said he left his medicine at his moms house too, of course!!!!

Ugh I am so upset right now.

lintini's picture

HRNYC always tries to act like I'm an idiot. Dude why on earth would I think that DAD is not an equal parent? It makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE TO KEEP THE PLAGUE IN ONE HOUSE THAN SPREADING IT IF POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ.

You have no idea what its been like. I have a 10 week school quarter, where 3+ of those weeks I HAVE BEEN SICK!!!Do you have ANY idea what that has done???? So damn right yea I want to send him away I am SO over being SICK!!! I am extremely behind even though my professors have been gracious, but this is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

Yea thanks FDH for having NO sense. He didn't even buy him any medicine when they were at the damn grocery store an hour ago. I am livid.

When can I start crying? I think I am going to crawl up the stairs and go to bed.

The breakdown: BM did not tell FDH that kid is sick, FDH just brings the kid home and doesnt even pick up meds or think twice because he's sleep deprived and exhausted. He just sat in 4 hours of traffic to get back home. It's BOTH bm and fdh fault. I think he's literally asleep on the floor in the living room. No joke. He's just not with it.

Orange County Ca's picture

I told my ex wife when a kid was sick that he deserved to be in their own bed in their own home where they would be the most comfortable. Fortunately for me it only happened once in the decade of kids "visiting".

If your new tattoo is infected and you think the infection is in your blood stream you should go to your doctor if they're still available or the emergency room. A infection in the blood stream can cause a systemic infection where many if not all of your organs are infected or effected. This can kill you in very short order.

lintini's picture

Well, we just had a huge blow out. Just like hrnyc projected, my FDH said "what do you want me to do??? send him away???!!"

Then he started in right in front of the kid, I tried to make him be quiet, he has no sense to speak in a different room or go outside.

So he starts packing his things to leave........I go into the garage and say well if you are leaving you should take your son with you. Then he says in a bitchy attitude "ohhh nooo he's toooooooooo sick, he has to stay HERE!!!"

Ughhh!!!!!!

He claims that on the way home his son was asleep so he didn't hear how bad the coughing was. He then said oh well, you know, usually BM lets me know if he is sick, yadda yadda yadda.........

I explain how this can make things hard in the future when we have a little one, that I don't want sick people coming over, step son or not. Then he goes on a rant about well what if he is sick or I am sick, shall we all just be shipped off??!?! He didn't even care that I am now exposed to this illness on top of my own!!!!

I didn't get ANYWHERE.

He has no concern for my health, told me to go to the doctor again and doesn't care at all. He just now left to gamestop to get his twit a game and some medicine while I had dinner done 5 minutes ago. Who wants a baked ham and potatoes?? Fuck it all. Seriously.

lintini's picture

No he just left to fucking gamestop to get him a game and then to the drugstore while I had this ham in the oven since 5:30.

We are so perfect until the weekends with his son and then we argue over everything.

And no, ss12 falls asleep ALL THE TIME in the car. I wouldn't have been surprised at all. I think he stays up late playing video games. He doesn't have a TV in his room anymore here, we set it up in the loft now. But at his mom's he does.

lintini's picture

Yea we will def need some new rules because this is just dumb. This just shows right here that as soon as ss12 was born they were separated so a family unit was never there to even come to the conclusion of this shit. If/when we have a child and if SS12 or whatever age he is at that time is sent over with the flu, I will do a hail mary and parachute out of this house so fast.

I secretly hope FDH gets SS12 illness because he is the biggest baby when he is sick, its pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!