You are here

I just had an awww moment

libra2libra83's picture

Tonight my SD5 was looking over some paperwork that she had completed for preschool. One of her first assignments was a poster where she had to draw her "family". When she first got the project, she decided that she wanted to include me on her picture. She drew me in, and then went home to her mother's, who decided to white my picture off of the poster, since according to her, I am not nor will I ever be part of my SD's family. Once she whited out my picture, she drew a picture of a dog in it's place. I ignored it and decided it didn't matter.

Tonight, my SD was looking at her old work, saw the poster, and noticed that there was white out on it. She asked about the white out, wanting to know why it was on her picture. My boyfriend explained that I was originally on the picture, but that her mother didn't want me on it, so she erased me. My SD was like, "But I love her, and wanted her on my picture with my family."

Made every fiber in my body go "awwww". I explained to her that I loved her and know she wanted me on the picture, and I always will be as long as she wants me there.

I swear moments like this make me remember why I chose to stay in a relationship like this. Smile