You are here

I feel bad for feeling this way however

georgina29's picture

SS has been odd with a mild fever(98-99) off and on all week from school. He has no other symptoms. He has not gone to school one day this week yet he was healthy enough to partake in Halloween activities like going out trick or treating for over an hour and even running to the doors and eating a lot of candy. He is 7. Daddy says he is contagious and has a virus and doesn’t feel well by daddy was telling nervous parents while he was trick or treating that it was just a reaction to a vaccine he had gotten because they noticed he hasn’t been to school. SD is dramatic about being sock as usual and as a result no one else in the house gets to sleep( he has him in his room sleeping)rest or watch what they like on tv. I feel for feeling this way but I’m growing tired of it. I need my rest as I have to work and am tired of skid being catered to when I’m essentially ignored and treated less than in more ways to count regularly. Part of it is his kids are rude and don’t clean up after themselves and act entitled when they are healthy. I feel bad for feeling this way since he is sick but then again he doesn seem sick to me just dramatic.

markwvualum's picture

That child should be in school. Well enough to trick or treat means well enough to go to school. I can only imagine what the other parents are thinking. This kid is going to start falling behind if they aren’t already

Siemprematahari's picture

If he was well enough to go trick or treating and running around than he can take his butt to school. These kids will stay home and sleep their life away if parents allow it. Allowing them to take advantage just shows them they can continue to manipulate and get away with it. Have a conversation with your H now that you are tired and some changes need to be made before this gets worse.

georgina29's picture

I have tried talking to him but he always gets angry and turns it around on me making me a bad guy for not supporting a sick kid which I admit makes me look horrible however the reality of other than a very mild off and on fever he has no other symptoms. The fever could be an allergic reaction from his vaccines he just received the day before. I just don’t get the coddling and why he feels the need to do so and turn on me if I mention that the child should be in school if he is out trick or treating and eating candy.

Anon9876's picture

DH is getting mad at you for saying something because he knows it's true. There's no reason that kid should be allowed to go out if he won't get up and go to school because he's 'sick.' We all did it at one point or another.

DH should make him sit in bed and drink broth and read if he's really sick.

That kid will get over it quickly then.

SteppedOut's picture

Georgina... you already know this, I am sure, but I am going to tell you anyway and maybe it will help you fight off your SO's gaslighting.

You are not wrong. That being said, you have two choices.

1. Somehow make it "ok with you" that he doesn't parent like you would, et al.

2. Discontinue this relationship as you are just not compatible in all the ways you need to be.

It's hard, I know. 

justmakingthebest's picture

Unless that fever is 100 she should be in school. 99 isn't even enough for the school nurse to call home. 

Rags's picture

If we were sick enough to miss school we were in bed.  Period.

Parents today make me nauseous.

Anon9876's picture

Exactly. He miraculously feels well enough to go trick or treating?

Uh, no go get your but in bed.

Maybe you'll he'd be 'well' enough to go to school if he were not being rewarded for staying home.

lorlors's picture

Sounds like there is nothing wrong with that kid. Your DH needs to tell him to go to bed with no devices, no screen time, no phones no TV, NOTHING.

I know how you feel as we have the girl who cried wolf SD16 living with us now too. Called DH from school yesterday because she had period cramps and wanted to come home. She’s a lying little faker and always has been. It’s sickening.

ndc's picture

98-99 isn't a fever.  At all.  It's in the normal range.  If the kid has no other symptoms, he's not sick.  No need for you to feel bad.  His father should feel bad for failing him in terms of his education.  And for lying to the other parents on Halloween.  A parent should not be teaching his child that it's OK to lie.

Merry's picture

That's just what I was going to say. 98-99 is normal.

Your DH is raising lazy, self-centered creatures. It does not get better.