You are here

How did DH get through life before me?

Redsonya's picture

I am blown away, lol! I haven't talked to DH for three weeks and its been lovely (other than the nasty messages from his kids). I am at peace, working out again, cooking healthy meals for me and DD4, my house is spotless, and work is great. Then I get a call from DH. In a matter of three weeks, he has managed the following:

1. To have been drunk for a total of 3 weeks straight.
2. Broken a window in his rental house, filled it with cigarette smoke (no smoking allowed), the place is so filthy he is worried the rental company might stop by because he also hasn't paid rent.
3. Gone to jail for threatening his BIL via cell phone message. He is now facing a felony. Which is BS - his BIL is a big, mean, vile criminal who has been in prison himself for threatening his father, along with multiple domestic violence and drug and alcohol convictions.
4. Bailed himself out with help from a friend - at a cost of $6500. Now DH is required to show up an hour away once a week and pay $250 a month for six months until the bail is paid, or go back to jail. Except, he has no drivers license so that should work out well.
5. Had his kids and BM make fun of him online for going to jail and then neither kid has called to make sure he is alive for 3 weeks.

Oh, but this is my fault and my influence on DH, according to SD18. I haven't been near him since he moved out and this is what he managed on his own without me and with the help of his lunatic family. Good riddance!

Redsonya's picture

Oh and SD18 is considering dropping out of college after a whopping 1.5 semesters. She doesn't work, but does play video games for full days at a time and its all just too taxing. I put myself through college and grad school with a full time job and full time college so I can now afford a comfortable life for me and my DD4, but she and BM called me "greedy" in that nasty message I received. And SD18 was the family's pride and joy. The rest of them on public aid, having babies with unemployed boyfriends, or living at home in their 20s and not paying rent. What lovely life skills being imparted by this bunch.

Redsonya's picture

No kidding Cheri! It used to hurt my heart that DH was "fixed" and I couldn't have a baby with him (this was the first year I knew him). Now I thank my lucky stars! I can't IMAGINE having a baby that would have his lazy, foul mouthed brats for brother and sister! Not to mention having to deal with him forever.

I think the communications are helping actually. It reminds me over and over who these people really are. I have been in a fog the past three years and not seeing things for what they are.

RedWingsFan's picture

Sorry honey - but I'd be blocking his calls now. He just wants someone to blame for his bad behavior and poor decisions and he's taking his anger and frustration out on you.

Redsonya's picture

Actually, its SD18 who blamed me. But you are right about taking calls from DH. He wants me to go with him to talk to the District Attorney about his case. I did this for him before when he was in trouble for DUI and it helps to have a professional looking young wife with you. I don't want him to go to prison for something that is obvious nonsense, but at the same time, I think about all of the loads and loads of crap I have had to put up with from his kids, exwife, AA sponsor (the one that walked in on me naked - DH is still good friends with him), and family. DH did NOTHING to defend me or support me and that doesn't even take all the drinking incidents into account. I told him about the nasty messages I had received from his spawn and two minutes later he was moaning about how bad he feels for not calling his kids and letting them know he is okay. Ummmm...DH were you not listening? They made fun of you in a public forum - where your friends, family, and even high school friends could see. They haven't called you, but they have been nasty to ME - the one person still talking to you right now.

Yeah, not going to help with his court case.

RedWingsFan's picture

Sorry I misunderstood. Am still asleep on this Monday!

I wouldn't help with his court case either. Not your problem anymore right?

TASHA1983's picture

It is time to block any and ALL people associated with your STBXH...especially SD and XDH!!!