You are here

Holiday cards

strugglingSM's picture

Now that Halloween has passed, it's time to prepare myself for the inevitable sh%t show that is the holidays. I will likely be spending both holidays with DH and his family since he has his children for Thanksgiving this year and has them for Christmas every year. Oh joy...I just love spending time with DH's family - most of whom ignore me or don't see me as his real wife because I am not the mother of his children.

Another fun issue - what to do about holiday cards. Last year, we didn't send any, because I didn't even want to deal with it. DH, of course, wanted to send out a card with just his kids on it or go to get special portraits with the kids for our holiday card. I knew he wouldn't plan any of that or make it happen himself, so I just ignored it.

This year, we moved, so I'm thinking of just sending a late "moving announcement" as our holiday card. I'm having them made, should I include SSs name on the card? I'll also be sending these to my family and friends (in fact, they will mostly go to my family and friends) and they won't be offended if SSs name is not on the card. DH and I have different last names, so putting the "So-and-So Family" is sort of out...

I'd love to hear what others do about holiday cards - particularly, the childless SMs among us.

notasm3's picture

My friends (older) are prone to send out cards with grandkids' pictures. I'd send out cards with my sisters's three cats before I'd send out a picture of SS's child.

SugarSpice's picture

dh sends cards to only a select few but her send a letter that goes on and on about the adult skids.

as though his friends give a sh%t. most of his friends dont have children, which is why they all retired early and have lots of money for leisure.