You are here

Going to be a long wknd

Misstepped's picture

It's going to be a long weekend and not the good type. The skids have been here for just over 2 hours and I've already had enough. They walk in and change the tv channel to kids movies in the lounge, and then sit on daddy's lap all night. They argue over what we're having for dinner and request DH go to different places to get them what they each want, until I snap and say "you will eat what we, the adults, decide to get tonight"

Now they're all sitting out there in the lounge while I'm in here (the bedroom) watching tv on my phone and writing this post. They have a TV in their room that's currently not being used, not to mention its should be bedtime for them. Oh no rules here thanks to guilty DH. Why does it have to be kids movies all night till end.

God help me get through another wknd of hell with the mini man wives. This wknd, consider me disengaged!

JRI's picture

How old are they?  How often do you have them?  Do you find it's jmostly the transition period that is difficult or all the time?

Misstepped's picture

8 and 6, we have them every weekend and I find my mood drops as soon as I see them get out the car until they leave again. Sometimes they don't even do anything wrong. It's just the constant presence and daddys ours attitude 

Blended4213's picture

Can you talk to DH about how he's enabling them to act this way? How it makes you miserable and is not good for the kids? It's a tough discussion but worth it for your happiness.

Winterglow's picture

And charge it to your dh's account. After all, he's the reason you can't stand being at home this weekend. 

Rags's picture

IMHO EWE has to end now.  Even if COd, EWE is rediculous.  In an EWE visitaiton schedule the NCP household is little more than the baby sitters so the CP can party it up every weekend. EWE also subjugates the NCPs new partner and their relationship to the NCP's X and failed family.

Not something I would tolerate or recommend.

Good luck.

Time for you to inform DH that his kids will not be in your home any more frequently than EOWE.  If he won't do it, find a new partner.

WickedStepmother_'s picture

We have the kids at our house every other weekend. I cook meals because I don't get any other control in the house and my drives me bananas. We have a 10pm "bedtime". TV upstairs is turned off. Kids brush teeth and go to their room. They can read, draw, paint, watch movies, etc. It's not always a firm bedtime but it gives us a little alone time with just adults and the newborn.