You are here

He forgets about bio baby again

Misstepped's picture

Sitting around watching tv tonight, just DH, myself and our bio. A horrid scene came on where a teenage boy got shot. The mother was crying and they wouldn't save him. 
I sat there thinking to myself how I wouldn't be able to cope if that were my child (I only have bio) and what it must be like. All of a sudden DH says "god imagine if that happened in the street here to 'insert skids names' 

I stared blankly and said why only skids and not bio? He could t answer and then said because they're older. They're still junior school children! They aren't event close to teens yet. I'm furious. Am I being unreasonable? I feel like he only ever considers skids and forgets about bio. 

The_Upgrade's picture

“God imagine if that happened in the street here to ‘insert skids names’”

*me with dreamy look on my face...*

Stepdrama2020's picture

upgrade, just spit out my morning coffee

Dang that is funny

failuretolaunch's picture

I think you might have to reverse that statement. I completely understand how you feel, I would probably say the same statement but insert my kids name. It may be a sign he thinks more about his kids than your kids, it could be a sign of so many things and nothing.

Unless there are other issues you have with how he treats his kids and his own child with you, I'd let it slide. Sounds to me like he may or may not be putting his other kids first, only you can answer that one????

JRI's picture

Im guessing his kids are a lot older and your bio is a baby?  If that is true, the child in the film might have been close to SK's age and his brain identified them as simular.  I bet if the movie were about a much younger child, like yours, he would have said, "Imagine if that happened to bio!"

Esperanza's picture

Every time he forgets about including bio in whatever random hypotethic scenario you say "and bio". He won't forget again after a few. I had this situation with my DH when our baby was tiny, I think is because men usually (don't mean to stereotype) are less connected with a small baby than a child. In the past if I said "what about bio?!" He always answered "well she is a baby!" But now that she is 1 my DH can easily connect to her and mentally include her in any hypotethical conversation 

Misstepped's picture

I feel like I'm always doing this too, bio is also now 1, very interactive and happy, walking and says dada a lot.

Misstepped's picture

I feel like I'm always doing this too, bio is also now 1, very interactive and happy, walking and says dada a lot.

Esperanza's picture

Now that baby is 1 and interacting a lot I'm sure he will start connecting more and more everyday. Hang in there !

SeeYouNever's picture

This is why I keep shoving my baby at DH, connect dammit. It was the same as with you for my first daughter. It took forever it seemed until he saw her as a person, I think it was about 18 months.  She's 2 now and my husband adores her, she's also interactive and a lot easier than she was. He can give her something sweet and it makes her day and she is all about him. Meanwhile, our baby might as well be a non entity to him. 

Esperanza's picture

Lol! Same here! I was always handing baby over to him, thinking 'you better start bonding ffs'. 
men ...they are just so weird sometimes lol 

Mschmid02's picture

My boyfriend always talks about his son when it comes to parenting experience. My son did that when he was little or my son was this way when he was little. I'm never able to share a first time genuine experience with him because he turns it around to talk about his son.