You are here

The games BM plays

momjeans's picture

DH sent BM a text a few days ago inquiring about summer visitation. He and skid text and FaceTime often, but she's unaware of any dates. According to her, she's mainly focused on waiting to see what her (mostly socially distanced) summer band practice schedule will be like. But, for all DH knows, BM could be attempting to lock in an itinerary with MIL, her favorite "yes person," without his knowledge or input. 

I will add that DH has come down ofirmly on his mom when it comes to leaving him out of the loop and not redirecting BM to contact him instead of her. 

So, about that text. 

DH: "Hi (BM's name), I'm contacting you to see what the summer visitation looks like for (skid's name) this year.

BM: "Who is this and why are you contacting me!? I don't even recognize this phone number."

DH: "It's me, (DH's name). You're well aware of my area code and my parents and I are the only people you know that live in said area code."

BM: replies with skid's last day of school

DH: "Okay, thanks. I'm aware that children in skid's age bracket are soon to get the go ahead for vaccination. Are you planning on getting her in before she potentially travels?"

** radio silence **

DH then reiterated to his mom that she was to refer all communication to him and to not okay any flights, etcetera. 

All this to say, seven years living across the country from BM and she's still into playing games when it comes to bypassing and coparenting, even semi healthy-ish coparenting with DH. 

Just three more years of this crap. 

Rags's picture

Ya gotta love it when the toothless droolers in the blended family opposition pull their idiot crap.

We dealt with that for the 16+ years we lived under my SS's Custody/Visitation/Support CO.

The shallow and polluted end of his gene pool would play all kinds of games with visitation, keeping him longer than the CO stipulated, canceled flight after canceled flight, not being able to get another flight for 3-5 days,  claiming that SS traveled on our time instead of theirs, etc........  We never tolerated it, had the police pick up SS with my FIL along who then took him to the airport for a flight a few yours later than the supposedly canceled flight.

We are fortunate that we never lived nearer than 1200 miles to SpermLand and were the CP household so were able to pretty much contain the SpermClan idiocy and protect SS from the majority of their crap.