You are here

The Future

MadeMyBed's picture

Ever wonder what is going to happen to the crazy ex-wives when the stepkids are grown and they have nothing to focus on? No CS, no relationships, etc. Will their world just fall apart? Anyone have experience with this?

PrincessFiona's picture

I envision SD living with BM as lonely single women until they are old and senile ! So, yes I've given it some thought. lol

aggravated1's picture

Maux
Every time I read what your DH gave his ex in the divorce, I get nauseated. It's good for my diet, but I don't know how you do it. Kudos for not killing someone. LOL

winehead's picture

Yeah, the BM latches on to the grown kids and continues to create drama for them and/or DH or both. It doesn't go away, it just changes.

aggravated1's picture

Bm only has one kid living with her now, the other is off at college. Her world is coming apart right now though, because the Lutheran minister she cheated on my husband with filed divorce papers on her last week, and since the stupid ass thinks she is too good to work, she is reeling. The "poor me" phone calls have started, which we have nipped in the bud. I can only imagine it will get worse when SD is gone.

DaizyDuke's picture

I often wonder the same thing! who will they have to threaten, beg for money, treat like crap etc. My husband always says that he thinks of his 18 years of having to deal with BM as a prison sentence and thank God he has served more than 1/2 of his sentence at this point!! Too bad there wasn't early release and parole! (not that he does not love his kids.. he just hates BM and all the drama)It's funny... BM of my SS11 also has another son who is 18 from another man (she got preg in high school and the BF ended up in prison and was killed in prison) anyway she has always treated the 18 year old like shit.... the second he turned 18 he moved out to get the hell away from her.... but my point is she treated him like shit because she knew she could... there was no-one to beg for money from, no games to play, no having to worry about son going to live with father. But my SS11?? She treats him like GOLD.. he is the second coming of Christ and can do no wrong.... a total mama's boy.. but it's because she has to because she knows that if she doesn't he can up and leave and come live with us and then she wouldn't be able to play her control freak games. I am certain that is what these evil BM's crave is CONTROL.. they want to control the kids, the ex and the poor step and God forbid they don't get their way! :O

MadeMyBed's picture

Its true! Control is at the center of it all. Who will they control next when they have alienated half their siblings, kids, all their friends, and all men on earth (in my DH's ex's case)??

MadeMyBed's picture

I just finished Stepmonster and it mentioned that BMs that are single are the worst kind. In my situation, BM has had 1 relatonship in the 7 years her and DH have been divorced and that was with a complete loser who left her. All other men run in terror so Im curious to see her life when the kids are grown. At this point the stepsons are 10 and 16 and I never really felt they believed her b.s. in the first place so I dont see it continuing as adults, but we have been surprised in the past regarding her inventive ways!
Even though DH and I have been through the ringer with her emotionally and financially and even though she has managed to hide money, squeeze us for every dime and lie at every turn, DH and I still have each other and an awesome, loving relationship so screw that Psycho! Enjoy the golden years with the voices in your head and kids who realize you're not all there.

SusiQ's picture

Well BMs world revolves around the skids so it should be interesting. SS is off at college but she still holds those purse string with the car payment and the insurance - I wonder how long she's going to pay that. We have zero relationship with SD but I suspect she's going to turn out exactly like her mom so I'm sure they will be together constantly and SD will go to college somewhere nearby - just like SS did.

Thank goodness we don't pay CS and no longer have to even talk to BM. I do feel bad for her husband. He's put up with her for all these years - BM cheated on DH with him - when those kids finally leave the nest - then he might actually have to deal with her.

WifeVersion2.0's picture

I just wonder how she plans to support herself. I guess it will help some now that she has $baby who is almost 2 so she has at least 16 years of income left there. But she only has 6 years left to live off the CS that my DH pays. Less if we get custody of the kids between now and then! SS really wants to come live with us full time and SD has mentioned more than once that she thinks she would rather go to HS here with us than in her current school district. We are hoping they will both want to come live with us. Not just so that DH won't have to pay CS but that's certainly a nice extra perk! Smile

Willow2010's picture

For the 9 years that I have known BM, her world has revolved around SS and CS. There were BFF’s and everything!! *yuk*

I also pictured BM and SS living together alone as she grows old.

FOOLED ME! She packed up SS and sent him to live with us about 6 months ago. She is now having a good ol time. SS has only been back to see her one time and that was because we MADE him go to her house because we were going out of town for 2 days. She makes me sick.