You are here

O/T Bad teeth :(

MadeMyBed's picture

So this is wayyyy off topic but wonderin gif anyone else is going through this.

My parents had bad teeth. Not bad "hillbilly" teeth (no offense to hillbillies). But bad in the sense like cavities, root canals, etc. My sister who is 28 and me (31) also have had teeth issues. Its gotta be hereditary, right? I mean good teeth are. I have had sooooo many cavities, root canals, have lost 2 teeth( fortunately in the back) and I think I just cracked one Sad

To look at me you would not know I had problems. I have a nice smile, white teeth and no visible missing teeth. Its just so frustrating! EVERY TIME I go for a cleaning there is another problem- cavity, gum issues, you name it.

Anyone else have this??? Mys sister is the same! Any thoughts on tooth implants? At my wit's end!!!

StillSearching's picture

My ExH had bad teeth and his were falling out because of a hereditary gum disease. He would brush his teeth every day and floss but still didn't help. He contemplated getting all his teeth out and getting veneers, those are expensive but if it really bothers you than maybe that would be an idea? I am pretty big on teeth also but I got lucky and haven't had issues.

Auteur's picture

I have crooked and genetically missing teeth (thanks Mom!)

My dad has perfect teeth, Godsgift has naturally perfect teeth.

My younger sister got the braces she needed.

The BM got the braces she needed courtesy of her mom and Sasquatch!!

ARRGGHHH!!!

Do you have a waterpik and one of those high end fancy battery operated toothbrushes (usually more than $100) with the floss action toothbrush heads?

I use a waterpik with water and hydrogen peroxide as well as a highend toothbrush. My smile sucks but it's the best I can do to at least keep my teeth healthy.

DaizyDuke's picture

I think it is hereditary... my grandmother and grandfather both had their own teeth when they died at 90 and 94 (never needed dentures) My mom has great teeth and so do I. I never even got a cavity until I was 24 year old, and have never had any problems with my teeth.

My DH has had problems with his teeth and SD just got braces and SS needs them soon, so I am praying that BS1 inherits MY teeth genetics!!