You are here

First Day of Kindergarten, even this special time is ruined by thoughtless BM

MyNest2012's picture

DH and BM had been arguing over what school to send SD5 to for three weeks. He would ask to talk about it and she would counter with things like, "my lawyer will get with your lawyer," and, "stop harassing me."

So a few days ago DH mediated with BM and they agreed on a school. Praise Jesus. Three days later he asks her if he can pick SD up from school on the first day while BM is still at work so he can hang out with SD, and then bring her to her mom's when she gets off work. SD doesn't get home until 6:30 and school lets out at 3:20. Her response was this, "if you are going to pick her up when it isn't your scheduled time then i'm going to put her in the school I want." They have 50/50 custody now by the way per the TO.

Okay, he ignores that part. It's a temper tantrum she is throwing. No big deal. BUT the night before the first day of kindergarten SD calls us at 9:30pm in tears. She cries out, "My mom isn't taking me to my school!" Then, in the background, BM is yelling "Give me that phone!" And the call is disconnected. Afterward, DH tries to call many times with no answer.

The next morning at 8am DH went to the school the first day and waited outside the kindergarten doors, hoping with all his heart that BM would show up with his daughter. He had no idea if the tearful phone call was true, if BM really wasn't bringing her to school. Finally, ten minutes late, BM shows up with SD.

DH took a picture with SD in front of her little locker. In the picture her eyes are red and puffy, and she has those purple bags under the eyes that toddlers get when they miss nap tine. She looked so sad and sleepy.

Why would a BM cause her daughter so much anxiety before her first day of school. It's so sad.

onebright1's picture

Aaaaaw poor SD. Bless her little heart. ok now I hate your BM as much as I do ours. How have the school days since then gone?

Orange County Ca's picture

Submitted by SanAntonioSoccerMom on Thu, 08/16/2012 - 8:42pm.
Because she hates her ex more than she loves her kid. That is sad indeed.

Bingo. Since "no-fault" divorce - probably instituted before most of you were born its been stated that children are better off with parents apart as opposed to stuck in a love-less marriage. With this as a result I sometimes wonder. Perhaps the majority of divorces dont go this bad.

RedWingsFan's picture

OMG! HORRIBLE! She obviously has so much hatred and spite for him she doesn't care that she hurts SD. So sad.

MyNest2012's picture

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. SD did have a good day, she met a new friend and DH got to hang out with SD before her mom got home from work. BM has done some pretty heartless things but that was the first time it impacted SD in such a big way.

luchay's picture

Oh that poor kid. I just really don't understand any parent who does this to their own children. Our "BM" is the same. Vile bitch. I just cannot comprehend how someone can hurt their own kids to that degree just to get at the ex.