You are here

Finally some progress

discfocused's picture

So back in February my husband was granted an EX Parte of protection against BM and skids were here for over a month. We realized during that time how much BM was neglecting their school work, psychological needs and much more. The guardian ad litem extended the order of protection twice but had to drop it when she finally got a lawyer. So with the court log I have kept for years now and all the stuff in the past year that shows her failure as a mother has been brought together and my husband filed a motion to modify child custody. Well bm did not respond and apparently never even paid her lawyer for the ex parte he had covered so now husbands lawyer is going to file default for failure to respond (she can respond without a lawyer). Hopefully she does not appear but even if she does my husband has his say and the judge will pretty much give him what he wants since she never responded to the motion to modify. Even if she does appear we have all the proof, pictures, paperwork to show how unstable she is; suicide attempts, failure to get the kids counseling even when it was recommended by doctors and her boyfriend who is living with her is a drug addict who stole her car and she took him back a week later and dropped the charges. I hope this default goes through quickly because at least then when she does fight it, the kids will be out of that house and environment in the process that could take months of battling in court. The lawyer goes in Tuesday to get a court date for the default and he is going to try to get it asap with the fact the kids are not safe in the environment.

discfocused's picture

Both kids are messed up and need counseling. One talks about not wanting to be alive and the other rips out her hair she is so stressed. We just found out the that the drug addict boyfriend went and went high with the kids with him. We are talking with the person who knows this trying to get them to go make a police report tonight as the officer said it is just hearsay coming from us. During the month we had them they both improved in school, started seeing a counselor and because much better. However all that progress is gone now.