You are here

Someone explain this for me

HolyShootskey's picture
Forums: 

Ok so before I had said on my blog that BM never replied to the writ of summons for a custody modification and FDH's lawyer emailed an said they were filing for a default hearing.

Now in my state you can view court records online and I check every week at least once to see if BM replied to the writ. As of last week there was no reply. So on 1/27 the lawyer filed for the default hearing. Well yesterday they emailed FDH and said that apparently BM had responded to the writ of summons on 12/30 and they just were never notifed.

I checked back on the online records today and they have added in a line about BM responding on 12/30/14. On the paperwork FDH's lawyer sent over it had a handwritten note from the judge saying the default hearing order was vacated bc the defendant filed a response on 12/30/14.

How does that even happen? I am taking it to mean that BM did go file a response and someone at the courthouse messed something up. I mean FDH never got a copy of the response in the mail and his lawyer didn't either. Plus the online notation was just posted this week, like over a month later. And there have been additional notation between 12/30 and now about consolidtating cases and motion for default so it isn't like they weren't updating the online records. It is very strange and I am ticked bc I was hoping BM wouldn't bother to respond.

Anyway moving forward. Hearing is next month.