You are here

Ex won't let go

Cinders's picture

My OH and I have been together for 4 years this year, we have known each other through work for about 8 years and have always been good friends. We were both having issue with our partners at the same time and helped each other through it.

My Ex and I split amicably, he understood i didn't love him anymore and didn't want to be with someone that didn't love him back, we talk or we would talk if we needed too, its just the odd text message at birthdays and Christmas etc.

My OH's ex is nuts!!!! He found letters in her bag when they were still together and she admitted she was seeing someone else, in fact it was her son's football manager - she told my OH she wanted him out of the house and it was over and was really quite nasty, she was start arguments on purpose. They lived like this for sometime as my OH had no where to go.

Eventually he moved in with his mum and in no time at all she had her new man round the house all the time.

A few months later me and OH got together she told EVERYONE, even phoning OH's mum and told them that he had left her and the kids for me and i took a dad away from his kids!!

I didn't really care what she thought too be honest and his mum told her where to go but she acted like she was the innocent party, poor woman left on her own with the children to bring up!

No one knew she was out all the time leaving the oldest in charge of the other two children!

She said she was going to get the children to hate me so they didn't want to come round and OH would have to choose between the me and them etc etc, she would sent messages calling me daddy snather etc etc!

The messages did stop as time went on and quite soon she moved her new man in, BUT she still always made out to the kids that my OH didn't really want to see them now he was with me! She would text on a Thursday evening saying she was going out and could the girls stay over saturday night but by this time we would have already arranged to do something so she would tell the kids we didn't want to see them and we were doing something we thought was more important!

The oldest is 21 and he know's what his mum is like so the poison she tells him goes in one ear and out the other, same goes for the 16 year old, me and her get on well and i know her mum say's nasty things about me but she doesn't let it ruin our relationship BUT the youngest one is 12 and she is just like her mum! She believes every word her mum says and she comes round with an attitude and it makes the time they spend here horrible!

What i don't understand is WHY she know's my OH didn't just leave her and it was her doing, she is now actually married and the kids get on with him so why still continue to be so nasty? Why not get on with her life? like we try to get on with ours.

I know ex's are always an issue but i thought in time it was ease, i never expected us to be friends and i don't want to be, believe me i hate her but if it would make it easier for the kids and put them at ease more then i would of course talk to her amicably!

Why oh why!!!!!

LizzieA's picture

This is so common with immature people who like to play the victim. It happened to us, too. BM practically forced DH out of the marriage and her life and then when he met me, it was "you left US." DH set her straight but of course that didn't stop the gossip. He has also talked to the kids (they are older) without slamming BM, just that "she divorced me." I don't understand it as it is more embarrassing to be the one left than the one who left, if you know what I mean. Of course she also spread the tale that she divorced him because "he drank too much" mrs two bottles of wine a night and stumble around the house in front of the kids, who are all sitting there underage drinking and smoking pot. I have just figured out that BM has dependent personality disorder (a baby in adult skin--size XXL) and when DH lost his job (no fault of his) and got sick of doing all for her, that she didn't need/want him anymore. So the kids became her spousal surrogate. Ex: they all 3 smoked and lied to DH about it. How juvenile.

These lying, manipulative, slanderous POS BM cause a lot of damage. My only consolation is they have to live with themselves, which is certainly not pretty, in any way.