You are here

divorced but still having sex with eachother???

gocubsgo's picture

Some of you may remember me. I b/u with my bf a couple months ago. We were together 2 years. And he was divorced for 4 years at the time of our b/u. After a year of being togehter and in total bliss, he and the BM decided to become good friends for the sake of their son. Their friendship turned into multiple phone calls/day, sitting togehter at practices, giving eachother advice on work issues, etc.

I was insecure, but at the same time, she divorced him for another man. And she was still with that man. And in August, she became pregnant by that man. Soonafter she announced her pregnancy, she was on the phone to my bf telling him how her bf is possibly cheating on her, etc. I suspected that her pregnancy was fake - in order to keep her bf from leaving her. Four months later, she "miscarried." She and her bf of 4 years broke up, for reasons I don't know. My bf soonafter broke up with me because I was "too insecure." And the next think I know, she is posting on fb about "her favorite boys" with pictures of my exbf and their son. Apparently they began sleeping with eachother within 2 months after her breakup. And then she announced that she was pregnant by her exH (my exbf).

And apparently, they are sooo happy to be in a monogomous sexual relationship with companionship. Apparently, they won't be getting married or mixing finances or living tgether. They are happy being together sexually and emotionally, raising their son together w/o any possible stepparents coming in, etc. BTW,they were only married 2 years.

Is this something new? One of my coworkers has the same setup. I've never heard of people doing this! I think it's messsed up.

stepmisery's picture

It's kinda weird but I do know someone IRL that was married, they had a kid, they broke up, he remarried, she had a bf, they each ended up broken up from the new partners, she wanted another child and for some reason, he went along with it! So, if you didn't know them, you'd think they'd been married long enough to have kids about 7 years apart.

She is still single, he is very involved but idk if he ever met someone else or not. But it's very similar, they are not officially together as a couple but they have their own version of a family.

gocubsgo's picture

yes, this. It's the own version of a family.

I know my ex would get very jealous anytime their son would speak highly of her (now) ex boyfriend. And he didn't like it when her (ex) bf showed up at recitals, etc, w/o BM first giving BD a heads up. He was worried that his son would like her bf more than him. In my own heart, I think he impregnanted her again, so that she wouldn't go back to that guy or get another boyfriend anytime soon. But I dunno.

Disneyfan's picture

The two of them may have been having sex before the break up. That may be why the exBF walked away.

Their relationship might sound crazy to those looking in, but if it works for them, great. Just be glad that you are no longer stuck with a man who really wanted to be with someone else.

Thank your lucky stars that you did not have a child with him. Can you imagine having to switch roles with BM?

step18's picture

Be glad you're out of the picture! I can see this kind of set up working with my soon-to-be x if I didn't want to strangle him most of the time! Our main issue is his 20yr old daughter. If he wanted to date and be on his best behavior and I don't have to do his laundry and deal with his moodiness I think I would consider it. We never had a problem in that area, but you can't stay in bed forever either....

sterlingsilver's picture

I'd rather die then go back to my exh. He was a scrawny lil shit who was a control freak. My now DH is a retired football player and coaches Junior high football and is so soft hearted and doesn't control. He's not perfect by any means, most men aren't, but he's so amazing, uhm, in bed, if ya know what I mean? ha!!! Blum 3

stepsonhatesme's picture

I knew a lady who was married to this one guy,had 1 kid with him, got a divorce. Then still went on to have 4 more kids with her XH. When ever she was drunk(which was really often) she would call him for a booty call. LOL They still aren't together, he doesnt help with the kids or anything. He is nothing more than her bed buddy.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Well you dodged a bullet with that one didn't you. You are one very lucky woman. Well done.

Disneyfan's picture

The man is the one who went running back to the woman who divorced him for another man. Instead of telling her to go to hell, he went running "home" like a lost puppy.

LizzieA's picture

What gets me is you sensed something was wrong but the a-hole tried to make you think it was all in your head. And he wasn't "going to have sex with her" because "he wasn't attracted." You are so lucky to get away from someone who plays head games like this. There was no need for the lying and spin doctoring.

Most Evil's picture

Oh well, hope they are happy with the example they are setting for the kids, no commitment, f. buddies - I am sure no one else would want them now anyway. So you are lucky girl!!! Wink

daisy611's picture

You definitely lucked out!!! Be thankful it happened the way it did! For some reason, had you guys still stayed together, your whole relationship would have been spent wondering what he was doing with BM and why they were talking so much. I can't stand when FDH talks to BM, and theirs is always just about the kids (I know, I check his phone Lol

step18's picture

My DH is actually going on a little vacation with the adult skids, his X, her family and old friends.....we're recently separated, still hurts...
My darling SD arranged the trip and dad is too much of a coward to say no.

stormabruin's picture

Since my divorce, I see nothing appealing in my ex. The thought of being anything more than civil with him makes me ill. The idea of being naked with him... :sick: . I could NEVER go there with him again...EVER.

Maroma1984's picture

Sounds like she was keeping your ex bf as a back up. She's probably one of those really sad woman that don't feel like they can survive without a man. As soon as she lost one , she replaced him.

Obviously you ex bf never really got over her.

The good thing is you aren't insecure. You probably sensed what was going on there and deep down knew that it was something to worry about. Thankfully , you did get out before it got any deeper.