You are here

Of course she knows it all

SMof2Girls's picture

BM picked up skids for the weekend on Friday. DH sent an email reminding her that they have a pool day at camp on Monday so when she drops them off, they need to be wearing bathing suits, dry change of clothes, towels, packed lunch, and a bottle of water.

All of this is also included in the Welcome Letter and camp info she received back in May.

She snapped back, "I'm aware of all the camp schedules and requirements."

Kids were dropped of on Monday morning with bathing suits under their clothes, no change of clothes, no towels, no lunch, and no water.

Skids also haven't had showers since their last night at our home (Thursday).

When DH asked what happened, BM told him it was his fault since he didn't give her this list of stuff they needed beforehand. :?

SMof2Girls's picture

She's never dropped them off so unprepared before. She has sometimes forgotten their camp t-shirt (required for certain trips), but that's hardly a big deal.

It's a pool day .. wouldn't common sense dictate that a towel and change of clothes might be required? Packed lunch is required everyday. If it's not common sense, it's still explicitly spelled out in all the materials she received. None of it is new, and there's never been such a big problem before.

I don't expect much from her, but this kind of backslide from her is unexpected. And the kids skipped lunch because of it.

SMof2Girls's picture

BM drops skids off to day camp on Monday mornings and is responsible for making sure they are prepared. It's spelled out that way in their parenting agreement (and goes both ways). When the situation is reversed and DH is dropping them off at school, he makes sure they have lunch, backpacks, etc.

Anon2009's picture

TBH if I was a parent and my ex told me to do all that I'd tell them to take a long walk off a short bridge. I can see why that irritated bm, especially if that was all in the newsletter.

She probably did that just to spite dh. Which is wrong. In the future he should just get them ready himself if possible. Regardless, telling her all this is something he shouldn't do again in the future.

SMof2Girls's picture

She lives 45 miles away and drops them off directly in the morning. By the time she drops them off (usually late due to the commute), he's already at work.

The reminder was nicely worded, not demanding. It's also something she has ASKED him to do in the past since they're with us all week.

Even if she was offended by the reminder .. why chastise and blame him for NOT reminding her?

Anon2009's picture

Sorry, I didn't know it was in their agreement. If that's the case, not much you can do about it Sad

kathc's picture

What an asshole. Can you get it in writing from someone at the camp that she dropped them off unprepared for the day and specifically without lunch or water?

SMof2Girls's picture

She doesn't deny that it happened. She has no problem admitting that she didn't bring their stuff; she just thinks it's DH's fault.

And I don't know that it would matter anyway .. this is out of the ordinary for her. I don't think a judge would look at this as some sort of neglect; she'll claim she didn't know or forgot and that will be the end of it. And we certainly wouldn't be in court for anything this minor in the first place.

I'm just venting .. just seems like it's always something, ya know?