You are here

communication is key BM... Jesus!!

MdMom's picture

FDH got a text from BM while at work yesterday. She said she needed SD at 11 am for her DS's birthday party. We normally drop off at 4pm
FDH told her okay, but that she needed to plan things better so that this kind of stuff didn't fall on his time with SD. but said that because it was SD's brother's Bday he would allow the drop off change.
BM never specified if we were gonna drop her off or if she, or someone else would pick herup. She jjust said, 'when you bring SD, have her wear the outfit I got her for her first day of school.'
So we figured we would be dropping her off because of the verb BRING.
So FDG and SD leave our home at about 10:30 (20 min drive to BM's) FDH had JUST pulled off our street when SD's Grandma and Great Grandma pull into our drive way.
We are pretty close with BM's mom and grandma, they pick SD up often and always bring gifts for our 3 other children.
I tell Gram that they had just left, but I'll call FDH to tell him they were here to get SD. FDH was surprised, and said okay, we'll turn around.

I'm just totally baffled by the LACK of communication on BM's part. If I would have known that Gram and Great Gram were going to pick up I would have a least... Oh I know, CLEANED HOUSE A LITTLE BIT.
I'm not a clean freak, I mean we have 4 kids 60% of the time and 3 100% of the time. They are all still toddlers so my home gets messy FAST!! Usually only takes 30-45 mins to clean, but it would have been nice to have the notice!! Rather than them walking into tornado ally!!

JESUS CHRIST!!(sorry for taking the lords name in vane) but SERIOUSLY!?!?
Fucking idiot!
I'm done. Lol

Orange County Ca's picture

Ha you women. Those girls know what its like to have unexpected company and what a house looks like with kids, especially toddlers, under the roof. I'll be they had better things to talk about on their way home even if it was the weather.

Now MY house, with the wife gone over a week now on a vacation now THAT'S messy.

MdMom's picture

I do realize this, and even though I am able to talk and invite Gram into my home she could still be an informant to BM. I usually keep my house pretty tidy (as tidy as I can with 4 children under 4). But its Saturday and I figured I would just let things be until tomorrow and just enjoy one day where I wouldn't have to follow kids around picking up pompom pieces, or dress up shoes, or drawing paper.
I don't like when I don't expect company, would I have done the dishes? Probably not, but I would have thrown the drawn on pieces of paper away, and picked up a few toys.

I think the fact that BM didn't tell us that Gram was picking up irritated me the most. Its a 2 second text. Simple, but even that must be too much for her peanut brain to handle.
I'm just cross, I suppose.

MdMom's picture

We always drop SD off with BM. She requested 11am, FDH said okay, I'll have her there at 11. Her first chance to tell him Gram was picking up. Then later in the evening she texted him and said, when you bring (emphasis on bring) SD, could you have her wear her first day outfit.
I didn't realize bring SD meant my mom's gonna pick SD up... But then again I have a higher IQ than a ape.
Hahaha