You are here

Can't even have 1 day with no drama!

christinen's picture

It’s something every single day!! So a couple weeks back, BM called social services and claimed our house is a “drug house” and she is “afraid of what SD is seeing there.” Total bs. If she’s so concerned about SD being at our house, why does she leave her there 5-6 days per week?!

Anyway, by law, they have to investigate all allegations so a social worker came to my house last week to talk to DH. SD5 and I were not home at the time (I was at work and she was in school) so now the social worker wants to meet with us (apparently it’s just procedure to meet with everyone who lives at the house).

DH called me earlier and said the social worker would be at our house at 6pm. I said okay. Then he called back and told me he double-booked and can’t do it today and it will be Monday instead. Well I have plans on Monday so I told DH I can’t do Monday and he threw a hissy fit!

This is NOT my issue. I am not canceling my plans and rushing home because of HIS issues. My house is NOT a drug house. I have never used drugs in my life. My house is clean and neat with nice furniture and family pictures on the walls. I have a dog. I have a career and a Master’s degree. I am not on drugs!

I am so furious that I am expected to just drop whatever I’m doing to go explain my life to some social worker because of DH’s baby mama drama!

bearcub25's picture

I have never had the social workers want to talk to me, even when BM claimed I locked SS out of the house at night. They talked to skids and to DSO but not me. I was pissed b/c I wanted to tell my side of the story and show what a nitwit BM was.

Tell you DH to tell the social worker that if she/he wants to talk to you, then they need to work around your schedule...or how about this novel idea, calling YOU and asking you a good time to meet. Same old, same old.....don't want to communicate or catch the SM cooties, but want you to be their beck and call girl.

christinen's picture

Exactly. I told DH to have the social worker call me and we can arrange a time to meet.

The plans I have on Monday aren't really all that important, but it's more about the principle. I shouldn't be expected to drop what I had planned to deal with this.

By the way, anyone know if there are any consequences for intentionally filing a false report?

christinen's picture

Forgot to add: I was wondering why they would want to talk to me. I have nothing to do with this. I even asked DH but he just said because I live there. I'm sure BM told them a bunch of lies about me.

christinen's picture

I'm not even sure if SD said something or if this is all coming from BM. SD is definitely known for lying and for telling everyone what goes on in our house, but I don't know what exactly was said other than BM claiming this is a drug house. I am curious to find out.

Meh's picture

I don't understand, he had to cancel an appointment because HE already had plans and that's ok. But he's pissed off at you because YOU had plans? How's that fair??? It's not even your drama we're talking about here, it's his...

christinen's picture

Well the social worker is the one who canceled the first meeting because he apparently double booked. But everything else is correct. That was my feeling too- its not even my drama!