You are here

I'm sure this isn't the first time...

LjCulater's picture

Any of you have heard this but I can’t stand my 14 year old stepson. He is the most belligerent, disrespectful, foul-mouthed, elitist, I have ever known. We have him 6 weeks in the summer and every other weekend after that. I can’t wait for summer to be over with.
My husband and I have 3 other kids. Two are mine, and at our house full time, and my husband also has a daughter who is with us full time and she is a really good kid.
We have been married for 3 years and I can count several times we have almost divorced over this dang kid. He has gotten so bad in the past 3 years. He is also ADHD diagnosed when he was 3, and if you didn’t’ believe in ADHD before you will when you meet him. He literally bounces off the walls and off furniture, etc. He is on several different meds and really none of them seem to help.
His BM is also a pain in the a$$. She has never worked a day in her life and sits around telling us (and anyone who will listen) how much better she is than us because she has a Master’s degree she has NEVER used for a job. *PUKE* I can’t stand her. She is on welfare and housing assistance and has a Master’s degree. She chooses not to work because she is a “slacker” but she refuses to have her kid grow up to be a lowly factory worker like me and my husband. (WTF) Her ridiculous since of entitlement has rubbed off on the kid and he comes to our house and acts just like that. He is so much smarter than the other kids and he shouldn’t have to help clean up any messes because he is so much better than everyone at our house.
He calls someone in our house or otherwise (to their face) a moron, retard, idiot, etc. at least 50 times a day. He beats on the other kids and was sent home from school for “accidentally” cutting someone with and x-acto knife. He has told my youngest son who is 9 all about his Bm’s bisexual experiences and how girls who are bi are hot.
He has said the most vulgar things to my kids and my step-daughter (don’t’ take the word vulgar lightly) I would be ashamed to write some of the stuff he has said.
The mist recent ordeal is him telling us his BM was abusing him and we had her investigated and hired a lawyer to modify custody – come to find out he was forgetting to tell us parts of the story that made him clearly in need of an a$$ whipping. He is such a liar…
The bottom line is I CAN’T STAND HIM – and having him around makes me miserable and my husband too.
How does anyone else cope with this kind of stuff?