You are here

anyone try the over the counter drug tests??

sandim's picture

Has anyone had experience with the over the counter drug tests?
I found stuff in BD14's myspace that indicated she
was either drunk, or high three nights ago.
I confronted her she said the message only meant she was
tired. I bought an over the counter drug test. (she has tried smoking (cigarettes) in the past and again had something in her my space about pot.)
The first time it looked like toilet water so I poured
some cleaner that was purple for her to go again.
It came out negative, but I wasn't sure if
there isn't alot in her system would it come out positive?
My DH said maybe unless she consistantly does drugs would it come out positive?
Would appreciate any feedback on this.

DESGUIZED ANGEL's picture

The over the counter tests usually test at the same level as the lab test. Check it out before you buy it. The lab will test THC at 50 ng/ml and then a confirmation at 15 ng/ml, just make sure the test you buy tests at nothing less then 15ng/ml!

If the line on the instant test is light, then I would worry! Kits can be off by about 5-10ng/ml, so if the line is pretty light, then I would say it's a posative. However she could know this trick...drinking lots of colored fluids will "hide" it. But NO water.. it will dilute her system, which is detectable on the test.

GOOD LUCK!

sandim's picture

There was a line that was lighter than the rest of them.
She was also drinking a blue gatorade right before the test.
thanks for the info!

Sandi ♥

stepwitch's picture

know about them. We haven't had to use them, but just the threat was enough for us. I'm not sure how they operate, but surely they would detect pot. If you are concerned that she was tampering with her sample, then stay in the room with her when she gives it.

Geez, I know it's hard to even have to do this, stay strong. Your will is greater than hers.

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

sandim's picture

I wish just the threat was enough for my BD. We have dealt with the drug use with my SD18 and she had rehab, and that was a huge ordeal.
I really thought my BD would have learned from all of that.
Thanks Stepwitch...

Sandi ♥