Only in New York! Can you Get a Downward Mod and STILL be In "Arrears"
Reverse the tape:
1. OSS early emancipated himself on the hush hush back in the summer of 2014 (now age 19--in NYS CS usually goes mandatory to age 21) The original CO and MOU states that skid moving out of CP and/or NCP's to seek his/her independence is an emancipation event. The Gir was just expecting to continue collecting till OSS reached 21 whether or not he lived at home, stayed at a paternal relative's etc. etc. Oh and OSS quit community college in a record breaking 3 months.
2. I find out about the emancipation event through my faux FB acct
3. Chef goes (kicking and screaming) for a downward mod at my request in Autumn of 2014
4. Chef obtains said downward mod in mid February of this year; Gir's attny announces to magistrate that "Mrs. StepDaddyBigBucks doesn't want ANYTHING from Mr. Chef!" :sick:
Although the Girhippo could have challenged the emancipation, she did not since she got caught red handed NOT co-parenting as she had always put in the facade of doing in front of her court com-padres (she WORKS for CPS and is chums with the magistrate and all the attorneys)
5. Downward mod/CO doesn't get signed and stamped in till late April
6. Meanwhile, Chef does something foolish and quits his current job the week the downward mod is enacted (mid February)--you can ALWAYS rely on Chef to do something foolish
7. New job doesn't go into play for approx 2.5 weeks--in which new employer picks up the new, slighly lowered amount
8. Chef gets slapped with a "you owe $900 (approx) in CS arrears"
9. Arrears get pulled extra $100 a week now for the next oh, nine weeks
I did the math and it seems CSEU put the downward mod into effect toward the end of April and not mid Feb. like the CO states. HMMMMM