OT: kitty update
More information was given by vet.
I like my current vet, she's clearly attached and cares for her pet patients. So we have a plan.
She's going on thyroid ointment ASAP. This will be difficult during our upcoming vacation, but several friends kitty likes are going to help since it must be 2x per day application. Friends will get a nice little gift!
She's also going to get appetite stimulants since she's atypical for hyperthyroidism... because...after xrays, she's either got IBS or early stage intestinal cancer. Vet seems to think it's not IBS. The test for this is very expensive and invasive so we're not putting her through it.
After getting her thyroid levels modulated, we'll start her on steroids, the same initial treatment for both IBS and intestinal cancer. If the steroids stop working we'll know it's cancer and that it's progressed. No cancer treatment, no surgery, just make her comfy and happy for the time she may have.
So worst case she has a couple months, best case a year or two if she starts eating better. She's on CBD oil doses now while I'm waiting for thyroid meds to arrive and she's comfortable for the time being.
Very sad as she's always been the healthier of my two kitties.