OT: Kitty Ill
Well, I knew something was wrong with my girl kitty, aka, "baby girl" aka "scooter"
She's got hyperthyroidism with likely internal digestive track complications, likely the liver.
Will talk with vet more today, but it doesn't sound good - she's already not eating great (unusual for hyperthyroid likely due to other issues) and the meds for hyperthyroid suppress that even more. She's not a great candidate for the iodine treatment as well, and surgery is not an option.
I was prepared for bad news, and now am just sad. There may be nothing we can do if meds don't work other than make her comfy for the next several months.
UPDATE: Good talk with my fabulous vet...we're going to do xrays (affordable) to rule out any masses in her digestive track...vet does suspect something else is going on. If those come out clear, then we'll start her on thyroid treatment. I don't believe in heroic efforts for animals, no chemo no thousands of dollars - I just want her in the end to not be in pain and happy.
Her brother (aka "Love Cat") who has kidney problems is still doing great.
I will not be getting any more kitties after these two; DH and I want to be more able to travel easily. It will be hard without kitties, but I think it's the right decision at this point.