OT - Forn Friday
'Forn' is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined.
Last night I was craving SAVORY - something worthy of plate licking - and I achieved my goal. Woo hoo!!
- Tenderloin, sliced into strips
- Baby portabellas, sliced
- Melted 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet
- Toss in the meat and shrooms
- Add a generous sprinkle of garlic powder, a little salt, and some italian seasoning
- Sauté until the meat is pink.
- Add 2-3 glugs of red wine (I used Barefoot Merlot)
- Let it get bubbly, create a 'hole' in the center of the pan, and stir in 1-2 tsp of cornstarch.
- When it's thickened to your liking, plate it up!
In my case, I put it in a bowl. Oh.Em.Gee. I swear that my eyes rolled into the back of my head at the first bite. I was wishing for some good bread to sop up the juicy goodness, but had none, so I ended up eating it with a spoon. Nom nom nom!!!