You are here

Thank you for all your help! SS17 is coming home today

BabyDoll's picture

First of all, I want to thank all of the kind individuals that offered advice and support during this very dark period in my DH's and my life. My DH and I greatly appreciate your help.

Background: SS17 was involuntarily committed into a psych ward by his school counselor and school resource officer on Monday. He had made 2 D's on his report card and went to his guidance counselor to see what she could do to "fix" this for him. When she said he would have to buckle down next semester, he started to make wild accusations against DH and myself. His complaint against me was I was mentally abusive for expecting his to complete his classwork/homework and to study and because that made him wash his clothes, clean his room, and wash dishes. When this didn't work, he told his guidance counselor that he did not want to go home because if he did, he was going to kill himself.

During my conversations with his case worker from CPS, she has indicated that she feels that he was influenced by his BM. One time in the past, I walked into my bedroom to find SS19 (my other skid who was 16 at the time) lying on my bed talking on speaker phone with his BM. As I walked in, I heard her tell SS19 that if he didn't like how he was being treated, to call DCF (aka CPS). Given this, what the case worker said didn't surprise me.

BM has pulled this c**p about once or twice a year from the time that my DH got custody (the skids were 5 and 7 at the time) when BM and DH divorced and has gotten away with making false allegations or urging the skids to do so. Nothing has every been done to BM. In the process, she has irrevocably damaged the children mentally. What BM didn't think about this time when she started her c**p is that I am acquainted with her younger sister.

More background: BM has been estranged from her family since she was 16 years old. My SS17 keeps asking about his mother's family and has done so off and on throughout the years. I did some digging to find out what type of people BM's people were before DH and I tried to facilitate his meeting his grandparents. It appears that BM's mother and stepfather are upstanding, well though of members of the community. Hmmm... Not the picture that BM has painted of her parents. SS17 expresses at Thanksgiving the wanting to talk to his grandparents so DH calls grandmother to try and facilitate a meeting. His grandmother is told us that although she wants to have a relationship with SS17, she is terrified of BM and what BM will do to her. Well, BM's younger sister calls us to find out why we called her mother and we got talking. OMG. You would not believe the piece of c**p SS17's BM is. BM was diagnosed as being a pathelogical liar as a child. BM was been arrested twice before the age of 18. BM physically abused(aka beat)her mother. BM has three illegitimate children that she gave up for adoption. BM was removed from the home for the safety of her mother and sister. I could go on and on. DH was kept in the dark about all of this because BM kept him away from her birth family.

Fast forward to yesterday. I received a message from a child advocate from the local police department. I call the CPS case worker to ask her if this is someone she arranged to work with SS17. She says no. I say this is strange and ask her what she thinks is going on. Later that evening, SS17's aunt (BM's sister) calls my house asking to speak to SS17 because she hasn't heard from him in 2 or 3 weeks. I explain what has gone on, that CPS is involved, and that they suspect that BM has put SS17 up to this. BM's sister is furious. She says that what SS17 did is straight out of BM's playbook as BM did something exactly like this when was SS17's age. Next, she asks for the CPS case worker's phone number. This morning, BM's sister calls me to tell me that she has spoken with the case worker and has explained what a piece of work her that BM is. She gave her all of BM's background information as described above. WOW!

SS17 is coming home today. The case worker from CPS has already given DH and myself permission to cut off BM's access to SS17 for his sake. BM's sister called CPS, defended us, and has filled in all the lovely details about what a wonderful person BM is (sarcasm) with the CPS case worker. She also explained that she did not feel that it was healthy for BM to have contact with SS17. The truth about BM's behavior has come out for the first time in over 20 years. I hope the b***h (the BM) feels like a cockroach - exposed and naked with a light shining on her.

BabyDoll's picture

I suspect that the advocate from the PD is the BM's doing. At least, the CPS case worker is aware of the situation. Last time BM did this, she left threatening voicemail messages, sent the police to my house, and so on. At that time, CPS said that they did not have enough proof of harassment to do anything about it because the incidents had to be close together. The funny thing is that the case worker this time is the very supervisor of the case worker who visited us in January which I spoke with and asked for help with the BM harassment. The length of time between the first complaint and this incident is much shorter - 3 months. I told my DH last night that the stars may have aligned. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I really hope that CPS does something about the BM's harassment this time.