You are here

Caught my SS lying again and he has really stepped in it big time

BabyDoll's picture

I received an email from my stepson requesting information for financial aid today. He told me that he needed me to fill out the form because I helped him fill out the FASFA using my income tax form. Well, the form he sent me was to explain low income for financial aid purpose. I logged into the FASFA and noticed that he submitted a correction about 2 weeks ago.

What should I do about this? He claims that he needs the form back so he can complete his enrollment but I am not going to lie to financial aid. I think I need to write a letter stating that I am confused by their request and am providing the same income information that I provided to them back in April. Also, I need to clarify that he is NOT an independent student and that he still receives some support from us (even though he would protest, like most teenagers, it is not enough).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jsmom's picture

Tread cautiously. He may need the information. One hand never seems to know what the other is doing with the financial aid stuff. Just give him the information, you want him to get as much aid as you can, so there is less you have to give.