You are here

Sick and Tired of SD

flaluvinme90's picture

Hi, I'm new to this site and so glad I found it. I'm so sick of my SD. I've been married for 13 years and my husband has raised both of girls since they were born. They both have different mothers and live in the same city. I have had baby momma drama since we started dating. When I first got married they were so disrespectful to me and my husband told me not to disrespect the mothers of his children that if I do he wouldn't have sex with me again. Guess what he meant it because we haven't had sex in 10yrs. Now that his youngest daughter just turned 17yrs old she is constantly bad mouthing me to her mother but denies it. When her mother confronts my husbands and say all sorts of things about me to my HUSBAND, and he never says a word or defends me to her. I ask him why he never defends me and just let her bad mouth me, his reply is that he can't stop her from saying what she wants to say. I then tell him that if he allows her or anyone to talk about his wife they will fill that it's ok and they have the authority. He doesn't see it that way. Well last year my SD cause so much confusion in our household until I wanted to leave my husband because I didn't want him to choose between his daughter and me. One day his daughter got very disrespect toward him she moved in with her mom. The tables was reversed, she started telling us bad things about her mom and how her mother hates me. I always turned the conversation into something positive about her mom. Last week she became disrespectful to her mom and her dad told her to spend the night with us until she cools off. It is going on two weeks and she is still her, I have a feeling she has moved back home. I'm upset that when I get off of work that I don't want to come home. I want to leave so bad. PLEASE HELP

Peaceheart's picture

Dear flaluvinme90, I wish I knew why Step-moms have to be the target.

Of course I can not talk for all SC but it does seem as though the pattern is the same. The enemy is dad's girlfriend/wife/partner!
Call her down to everyone and anyone that will listen. Play the poor me card BUT if smom happens to be handing out some money, rides or anything else the schildren are all over it.

I ask myself the same...why do I stay and I still have not figured out the answer yet. It is horrible when you do not want to go home to your own home but I know the feeling. It just clouds everything else good in your life. I am sorry that I do not have any words of wisdom. I am looking for them myself to be honest. :?

flaluvinme90's picture

Hi Peaceful, good question. Why do step moms have to be the target. Society has given us a bad title. I must say that I'm a GREAT step mom but I know when it comes to the BM, Kids, DH, it's a losing battle when the DH isn't man enough. Just you responding to my post is good enough for me. Thank you

Iwantmylifebackj's picture

I was in the same boat with you, when it comes to SD and my husband's attitude. I finally can't take it anymore. Now, we are separated. I think DH need to man up and started to make tough choices. Sometimes we love partner so much, but all the hurt and resentment build up throughout the years accumalates and kill love and respect in a marriage. When my DH invited SD without letting me know, I was always furious. He always disrepected my wishes. He respect SD opinions more than me, although she is bankrupting him. This "blood is thicker than water" BullS*** makes me sick. He thinks that I am jealous of SD, but he never considered the fact that he is putting me in the harms ways financially. I refuse to deal with that crap anymore. I am sorry that you are going through this.

flaluvinme90's picture

Thank you so much for the response. Like I said, the SD has been here going on 2 wks and the DH hasn't said a word to me yet. She is playing both her parent and they are not putting their foot down. In reference to "Blood is thicker than Water", my SD actually told her father that and told him how can he choose me over her, WTH. I'm sick of her OMG. Thank you again.

flaluvinme90's picture

Goforit, thank you for your response. In reference to my DH not having sex with me, I'm so over that. When he made that comment to me, I didn't want to have sex with him after that. Lately he have tried to show affection but I don't want him touching me because I've lost all respect for him. Now with the SD, I just don't say anything to her, whenever she is around I will go to another room or most of the time I just stay in my bedroom. I know I shouldn't live like this because this is my house but I just want peace until I move.