You are here

I'm Sick of my SD

flaluvinme90's picture

Hi, I'm new to this site and so glad I found it. I'm so sick of my SD. I've been married for 13 years and my husband has raised both of girls since they were born. They both have different mothers and live in the same city. I have had baby momma drama since we started dating. When I first got married they were so disrespectful to me and my husband told me not to disrespect the mothers of his children that if I do he wouldn't have sex with me again. Guess what he meant it because we haven't had sex in 10yrs. Now that his youngest daughter just turned 17yrs old she is constantly bad mouthing me to her mother but denies it. When her mother confronts my husbands and say all sorts of things about me to my HUSBAND, and he never says a word or defends me to her. I ask him why he never defends me and just let her bad mouth me, his reply is that he can't stop her from saying what she wants to say. I then tell him that if he allows her or anyone to talk about his wife they will fill that it's ok and they have the authority. He doesn't see it that way. Well last year my SD cause so much confusion in our household until I wanted to leave my husband because I didn't want him to choose between his daughter and me. One day his daughter got very disrespect toward him she moved in with her mom. The tables was reversed, she started telling us bad things about her mom and how her mother hates me. I always turned the conversation into something positive about her mom. Last week she became disrespectful to her mom and her dad told her to spend the night with us until she cools off. It is going on two weeks and she is still her, I have a feeling she has moved back home. I'm upset that when I get off of work that I don't want to come home. I want to leave so bad. PLEASE HELP

flaluvinme90's picture

LOL, thank you. I love the first half of your response. Once it did cross my mind that maybe he needs to see a doctor, but it takes me back to when he said " if i was to disrespect his kids mom he wouldn't have sex with me" we were having sex up to that time. I made of my mind to leave since he has the 2 kids and I really don't need a 4 bedroom house. Last year I was depress before his daughter moved out and now that she is back, im starting to feel that way again. I praying so hard that I don't get like that again.
I like to talking to real people such as yourself because everyone else that I've talked to have told me to stick it out, don't give up. Hey a woman have needs and I deserve to be happy. I also forgot to mention that I don't have kids and I raised these children since they were 1yr old and 4yrs old.

flaluvinme90's picture

Sueu2, I thank you so much for your advice but trust me this is not a spam. I wouldn't waste my time nor yours. I thought this site was to communicate with Step parents that are experiencing the same problems or similiar as I. I'm just only venting my frustration, I have so much going on in my life now that I just wanted someone to talk to. Sorry to upset you but thanks again for the advise.

mommylove's picture

"And honestly honey, unless there is a medical condition, your husband is having sex."

I was thinking the same thing. Even if there was something medically wrong, personally I've never met a man who would allow that type of medical condition to prevent him from having sex for 10 years!

hbell0428's picture

The sleeping together thing sounds like my house; we don't even sleep in the same bed; and haven't for 3 years - I have a SD13 except she talks about me to my own daughter11 - tells her how she can't stand me and I am so mean.... I have been with her since she was 2!! The worst part is daddy tells me that he doesn't blame her!! Can you believe it. I am hoping that when she get older she will date someone with kids so I can laugh when she goes through this (Mean I know, just a thought though!! LOL)

mommylove's picture

"The sleeping together thing sounds like my house; we don't even sleep in the same bed; and haven't for 3 years"

You are not alone. My H and I haven't shared a bed since I was about 4 months pregnant with our now 17mo son, and we've only been married for just over 2 years - you do the math! The only difference though is that we DO have sex on the random occasions when the timing of my being in the mood and not wanting to divorce him THAT DAY match up, but the sleeping alone thing I LOVE! Just another among a long list of reasons why I know it's best for everyone that H & I go our separate ways...

hbell0428's picture

Agree; 100% - only since my SD has moved in with us FT; I have been kicked to the curb - finding somewhere to sleep everynight - with my BK or the couch. I can't wait to have my own space - you think at 30 I would have this already...

And for us; it's only after a night out; that's even worse.......... Sad

flaluvinme90's picture

I'm just going to focus on myself now because for years it has been about my husband and his kids. I'm going back to school and looking for a place to stay. Sometimes it's best to be single.