You are here

SD17 gets away with everything.

Rival's picture

I am so frustrated with my home situation with my fiancee and my SD17. My SD17 has been failing out of school since elementary mostly because she doesn't go at all. Earlier this year my fiancee decides to let my SD17 be home schooled because she doesn't want to wake up early and go to school she wants to stay up late and watch TV and hang out with her friends. Her argument is that she can do the school work at any time and will be able to do well in this type of environment. Naturally she turns in no homework and gets dropped from home schooling all together. Instead of her going back to High School my fiancee lets her drop out of school and just stay home. My SD17 now a drop out and 16 gets pregnant by a 20 year old guy and decides she wants to move in with him and have the baby. Problem is this guy makes minimum wage and can't afford to live on his own let alone take care of her and this baby on the way. My fiancee lets this guy move in against my wishes because my SD17 decides it is not fair that the father of her baby can't live with her. I have stated that they will have to be out by March I am not going to support them while they sit around watching TV all day doing nothing. Well the fiancee states she agrees with this but I'm not convinced. My SD17 has some hold on my fiancee because she constantly tells her what to do and she does it. Now I'm at my breaking point because the SD17 is now saying she is taking the family dog with her when she moves and I have repeatedly stated that is not going to happen. Of course she states that my fiancee is telling her something different, and when I confront my fiancee she says all she told her is we'll see. I'm not sure why she is telling her that when the answer is no. I'm almost ready to tell my fiancee that if the dog leaves this house she can go with him. In my own home I'm being ignored and get no say. Despite the fact that this is my house. I'm honestly tired of every time I leave the house there is no rules. My SD17 has even put hands on her brother and my fiancee states she let her as long as she doesn't hurt him to bad. It is outrageous the lawlessness when i'm not around. I don't even want to leave because I'm afraid what will happen next. I just don't know what to do other then tell my fiancee that things better start changing or she'll have to leave.

ChiefGrownup's picture

The baby daddy and the dog thing would be deal breakers for me. Absolutely.

Kick them all out.

Do NOT marry this woman. Many of us have difficulty implementing household rules when we move into the bio-parent's pre-existing home but you SHOULD have no trouble whatsoever if they moved into YOURS.

Yet you are being stripped of all power in your own home. Things will NEVER get better from here. This is the time and circumstance when she will be at her best and she is showing you just how ignored your wishes will be even now.

If anybody tried to take a dog I was responsible for I would be done with that person forever. Add to that moving this trainwreck of a baby daddy into your house and this one is a no-brainer.

It may seem like a difficult decision to you right now but that's only because they've all been gaslighting you. You will be so much happier without them and one day you will find a much better woman.

BTW, I assume the "brother" this teen hits is your joint baby? Document the girl's violence -- have an email conversation with her mother about it including specific incidents and exactly what the girl did -- and the mother's policy of allowing it then march right down to a lawyer's office with those printed out. Demand full custody and CPS will probably get involved and support you.

Free yourself, the baby, and the dog!

Acratopotes's picture

This is your house, simply give them all notice, Fiance, SD and her BF.....

you will see if fiance loves you the person, or loves your wallet.... she's welcome to stay but her brat not!!!

take a stand and end all off this,