You are here

The LONG WEEKEND Club!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Who is in this club with me this weekend? DH just told me that SD15 will not be going to BM's for the weekend...oh, come on already!!! I need a break! I need a break from the fowl attitude, the whine, the stomping around the house and slamming things...and so help me, if we have to take the boyfriend to church with us on Sunday again, I am going to scream!! I am not spending another day with the two of them together, and I am NOT up for company this weekend!! I did figure out last weekend how he stands to be with SD15 who wears like the same two outfits all the time (though she has mountains upon mountains of clothes in her room) and doesn't wash clothing but every 2-3 months...the boy smells really bad! I raised a teenaged boy, and the only time BS19 smelled like that was right after a football game! I had to sit next to that smell the entire service in church last Sunday, and in the car! I seriously felt like hurling!

I so wish we could take two cars! DH is on his way to the dealer right now because they forgot to check something when they replace the engine, and they got the parts in to fix it...so they will probably have the car the whole weekend. UGH! That will mean he will probably have to take my car to work on Monday, and I just cleaned all the trash out of it! I wanted to go wash it, vaccumn it, clean the inside this weekend because it is supposed to be pretty out and I finally have a day when I'm not supposed to be doing a billion other things while it is nice out (as it SUCKS trying to clean a car when it is cold outside.

Well, just tried that...I'm so mad right now...weekend just got longer!

We were sitting there watching TV, and SD15 looks at DH and asks, "When are we picking up ____ (boyfriend) tomorrow?" DH says, "I don't know" right about the time I'm doing an "exorcist" head spin on their asses as I tell them, " You know, it would be REALLY nice if you would talk to me before making plans like this! I live here, too, you know!" DH tries to play off that no plans have actually been made, that they were still talking about it. I told him, "Well obviously it has already been decided because she's over there asking when, not if!" As SD15 stomps off, I tell DH that I'm tired of not being consulted about stuff like this! I really don't want company...was looking for some quiet time! DH tries to give me the excuse that they weren't supposed to be here...that the boyfriend was supposed to go hang out with SD15 at BM's house, but BM decided she didn't want SD15 this weekend. I tell him, "That doesn't mean that you have to let them hang out here! Plans changed...plans changed...tell him not this weekend!"

DH just sits there watching TV in silence for a bit, and then DARES to ask what was wrong! I unloaded!!! Told him I was tired of the lack of communication and consideration! Pointed out that last weekend I was not consulted, and them when I was making it blatantly obvious I was ready for the boyfriend to go home, DH did not take him home! This was after I spent what felt like all day Saturday at the high school earning BS19 project grad points! Next weekend, I need to be up at BS19's college...so no rest there! I was hoping for a nice, quiet weekend I could rest, but now the boyfriend is coming over which means I need to deal with that (noise, not getting to enjoy my own TV because it will be playing whatever THEY want to watch...and I'm sure they are going to expect food)! DH tries to say, "But it's prom night, and since I told her she couldn't go to prom..." Told him I didn't care what night it was! If BS19 wanted to hang out here with his girlfriend, I would still tell him, "Let me check with your dad first...make sure he doesn't have any plans and would be up to y'all hanging out here." It is called being considerate!

Didn't change anything...he still won't tell the princess the boyfriend can't come over! Gonna find the cheapest frozen pizza I can find at the grocery store in the morning when I make my weekly trip...that is about all he can afford to feed them! Hope he enjoys hanging alone with them! I plan on hiding out in my room! I'm so done!!!

Oh, and it seems the reason BM changed her mind about this weekend was because the boyfriend was coming to her house, and she didn't feel like having him over, either! SD15 is trying to say that she doesn't get it, because BM was okay with the plan. Every weekend SD15 is over at BM's, SD15 invites her boyfriend over...so I get the feeling that BM wasn't asked either...just told! And since she doesn't want to deal with it, she just cancels the visit completely. At least she has an out...I envy her right now!

Oh...I said no...I'm being ignored! The only reason I'm thinking cheap pizza is because if there isn't anything to eat here, DH will just take them out for food and it will cost 10x as much...of my money as I haven't arranged separate accounts yet.

I really need to get on that, too! DH found out today that he didn't get the higher level job he was going for. Apparently, he told a couple of people at work that he thought he could trust that he thought he probably did better on the tests than the other guy, and it got to management. They flat out told him he wasn't getting the position because he was being too boastful!! Idiot! He actually got upset because I didn't give him sympathy! I told him his first mistake was trusting any of his co-workers to keep their mouths shut! Second, you don't ever talk about such things with co-workers! If they ask you how something went, you simply say, "okay" or "I prefer to not talk about it" and leave it at that! Really? You are gonna sit there at work and say you think you did better than the other guy up for the job?

I will certainly not be participating while the boyfriend is here! That alone will drive DH crazy...he is so needy that he can't stand if I'm not in the same room with him! He will have to entertain them all by himself! If I could be somewhere away from the house, I would...but I really had plans to get in some comfy clothes and get in some hard core studying for my personal trainer exam. Will probably still do that...pop some earbuds in and try to ignore there are people in my house. I shouldn't have to hide in my room...that is what pisses me off!

It would have been nice if DH got the job, only because it would make him less dependent on me! Makes me think it is a good thing he doesn't know about my promotion...would make him whinier for sure! But yeah...no sympathy from me because he often tends to talk too much. Ever hear the phrase "talks to talk"? Yeah...

SD15 has been giving me the eyes all night because she knows I don't want her precious boyfriend here! Oh well...I could care less...go ahead and give me that stink eye! I can give it right back at ya! I need to get a bag for my work out area, and whenever the boyfriend is around, start going all MMA on the bag (I did study martial arts for several years)...the guy is afraid on BS19...let him know I'm just as crazy even at my size...lol! Make him too nervous, maybe he won't want to come over anymore!

txcuti133's picture

Did she end up getting a captain position afterall? You should tell your husband that your car and house if off limits to his precious little princess since she is so disrespectful of your time, energy, and space.

I really don't know if she made captain. There has been zero talk about it since tryouts, and I'm sure if she made it that would be all she talked about! So, either they haven't decided yet, or she didn't get the position.ive checked the guard page on Facebook, wondering if they would post something about next year's captain, but nothing so far.

LOL...though I don't know if a bath alone would help! He kinda had that "I left my wet clothes in the washer for 3 days" smell! TGIHB would know what smell I'm talking about.

Well, the fight continued on to this morning! I put everything out there for him....his total lack of parenting, everything! At first he tried to deny it all, until I said, "So, what is her punishment for the Instagram thing the other day, now that it's 3 days later?" He said that she is not allowed to use Facebook or Instagram, and he doesn't know yet what the rest of the punishment is! I told him, "Oh really...and you are SOOO certain she is not on those things when to didn't take her internet devices away! You really believe that?" That went in to how much of a master manipulator SD15 is...pointed out she spent 15 years learning from the master (BM) who DH also still only rarely puts his foot down with! I asked him if he even verified with the school when the dress code violation was to prove or disprove her story! Of course he hasn't!!!

We went in and in about SD15 and various other things that have been building up...like me not feeling that anything about my concerns or well-being even matter...even told him straight up, "You care more about making her (SD15) happy than you care about my happiness! He tried to pull the "put she's my daughter, she should be happy" card on me, and I replied, "She is your CHILD, and your FIRST priority is to raise her to be a person who can take care of themselves and treats people right...and happiness comes AFTER that!"

After the fight, DH went into SD15's room and told her she better get it clean or no one was coming over (did not get him to budge on the boyfriend thing for today). She tried to cop an attitude because it was only 9 am and how dare he get her up that early! He told her to drop the attitude and that he was going to start coming down on her for much more from now on! We will see! May have to buy extra popcorn!

Calypso1977's picture

haha, i was with ya. see my post in the general forum to read abotu how much freakin' fun we had.