You are here

it sucks having her back around!

Calypso1977's picture

So i avoided last night's visit too. Loving it!

fiance came home in a bad mood. Gee, wonder why.

all that was accomplished in their 3 hours of "visitation" together was:

1. he got an update that BM now smokes a cigarette every 20 minutes
2. BM shockingly isnt going to buy SD13 a new iphone or replace her shattered screen (i call BS on that one, my money is on her being gifted one next month on her birthday).
3. my fiance spent 30 minutes on the phone negotiating a better cable deal for us
4. SD got her grandfather to grease her money
5. fiance fed her $5 of mcdonalds (the night before was boxed mac and cheese, id like to think she's missing my cooking but this is normal food for her)

the one highlight is she isnt coming Sunday. i plan to leave the house when fiance goes to get her so i dont have to see her tomorrow either.

yup, that sure is some quality time there. it was so nice not having her around.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

What Cat said. Any time he has her, why not do your own thing? Even if it's in your home.

My DH has to work tonight, so I made plans with a friend I haven't seen in years. I will no longer skid-sit, so No DH = No skids.

Orange County Ca's picture

No it isn't time for "entertaining" the kid - that's what Disneyland Dad's do and everyone screams bloody murder. Just spending time with Daddy is quality time - unless she's got her nose stuck in some electronic devise such as iPad or TV. Listening to Daddy negotiate with the cable company is quality time. That's how she learns to run her household. Going to a movie is also, watching him change the oil, handing him a tool.

Of course Daddy has to keep her nose out of those e devices.

My kids learned how to set up a camp in the forest, get a car unstuck from soft sand and helped me with a part time business just to name a few. We drove across country on a 6 week trip camping in inexpensive camp grounds along the way. I never took them to a movie. All of this was entertainment/quality time.

Calypso1977's picture

its supposed to be his weekend for overnights, but she never sleeps over because she "doenst wannna" or "feels uncomfortable" or some other BS reason and neither parent forces her to do so and the courts ruled long ago that she has no say and will not have a say until she's 18. sometimes he takes her sunday as well but as of late he's just been taking her saturday.

Calypso1977's picture

him taking her somewhere other than our home has been a constant source of battle.

he has a point - its his house too, why should he have to leave any more than i should have to leave? at this point, its become easier for me to just not come home after work and find something else to do. i am tired of the fighting.

for awhile i tried hiding in the bedroom, but it makes me too angry because i can still hear her voice. its too upsetting to hear her manipulations, disrespect, rudeness, backtalk, etc. and to NOT hear him do anything about it.

Our place is small.... we are getting a bigger place next week so i will test out the sound barriers there, but im not too hopeful.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

I can relate. S12 does this high-pitched girly voice when he gets all excited - which is 75% of the time. PrinceSS15 gets on my nerves when he chews - the child does this absolutely atrocious open-mouthed, slurpy, chompy, chewing thing that makes me want to hurl - and I loathe listening to his snotty, condescending, know-it-all voice. I tried an iPod to no avail. I could still hear both of them. Occasionally, I go into our bedroom, close the door, and blast the TV. Every time I do, DH comes in to ask what's wrong. I tell him I just want to tune out.

Calypso1977's picture

we will have an upstairs and a downstairs which puts a whole floor between us. that HAS to help.

If all else fails i can hang out in the garage!!!!

time will tell.