You are here

fathers day - what would you do

Calypso1977's picture

my bitch SD14 wont be joining her father for father's day.

ive suggested we go somewhere for the day and do something fun, the two of us. i cant imagine him sitting at home knowing his kid is a douche and should be with him. he's not sure what he wants to do (which means he's secretly holding out hope that she will come over).

what would you do?

Calypso1977's picture

we've involved the police in order to document refused visitations. not much you can do beyond that when the mother allows the child to be defiant and doesnt follow the court order regarding visitation.

omgstop's picture

^This right here^

That lil b wants her dad to sit around and sulk that she wasn't around...show her that her nasty ways didn't affect anyone and maybe next time she'll think twice about acting like an asshole.

notarelative's picture

Plan something and do it.
Otherwise he'll be miserable sitting home and you'll be miserable watching him.

In all the time I've known DH I've never known the skids to see him on Father's Day. Some years he gets a card from one (now generally an card). The other never sends anything. The first few years I expected they would do something (they were young adults) but they never did. Now I know they won't so we just make plans for the day.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I highly doubt HHB will even call DH on Father's Day...she hasn't come for a real visit since she moved out at Christmas! Of course, DH also helped allow HHB to become the person she is, so he kinda gets what he created! BS20 is home from school...he will probably get DH a present. BD24 will call him. I won't mention HHB at all...there is nothing more I can say that he doesn't already know.

Sparklelady's picture

This will be the first time in 18 years my husband will not receive a t shirt with the kids' handprints and drawings - since SS16 is out, there's no point in just BS15 doing it. It would never be worn since it would only serve as a reminder his other kids are douchebags. So I'm taking him go karting with our friends!