You are here

Future stepson looking for a friend w/ benefits - 15yo

Binkini2002's picture

My fiance's son is 15. As a kid, nowadays he's all about social media. He never signs out of FB so it's easy to see what he's up to. One night we decide to read his IM's on FB. We find out that he was trying to get another neighbor girl (14) to come over while his father was working because he was "lonely/bored" over and over again (as far as we knew she never came over). He goes on to say he didn't want a relationship, and that a friends w/ benefits would work best for him. HE'S 15! He even asked this 14yo how far she's gone! Now I'm pretty sure that the boy only cranks it manually and that's that farthest he's gone (I've seen it - long story). My fiance has never had the talk with the boy but tells me if he gets a girl pregnant he's responsible for that child. I see code red here. My fiance chalks it up to raging hormones, but I see a problem in the making. My fiance works mostly nights so we can't really change that right now. How does one deal with this?

Binkini2002's picture

That's my concern. Even if I stayed there every night my fiance is working, the boy's room has a door that literally has it's own entrance.

Anon2009's picture

Your fiancé needs to pull his head out of his a$$ and have that talk with him. Maybe he could also introduce him to guys he knows who became dads as teens. They could teach him some things and how he cannot afford to be careless.

Orange County Ca's picture

Pray.

Then Dad needs to have a serious in-depth talk with him. He doesn't need to mention Facebook "I want to make sure you understand some things....". Statutory Rape laws as well as use of birth control, condoms, diseases (it'll fall off) and girls who try to get pregnant. Along with the old standard "They have teeth down there".

Calypso1977's picture

binkini, I said this to you in another post - but stay this man's fiancé and keep your own apartment for a few years until you see how all this plays out.

my SD13 is out of control....the next few years between now and 18 will tell me whether or not I should marry her dad. I can tell you this, if that kid gets pregnant (and she might), I want to be able to walk away from the shit show.

Orange County Ca's picture

Sorry tog I'm reading statutory rape laws in California would technically find BOTH kids guilty. I'm not saying its regularly prosecuted I wouldn't know. But its there to use if needed.