You are here

5 months can’t come soon enough

Tm's picture

It's been a couple months I think since I've been on here but my household is an absolute nightmare and I'm counting down the days until my SS leaves my home. He's been nothing but negative energy in this home. I didn't want him here in the first place. I got sick with stomach issues so the last thing on my mind was this lazy disrespectful manipulative man child. Now that I'm on the mend I just wish he would go. The holidays aren't exciting, my husband is even fed up. He's still failing school, finally got a job but not sure how long he will keep it. His mother has told him when he moves back he cannot stay with her and then he calls his grandparents and starts talking crap about this household to them. He says it's unfair of what's expected of him and he's bored here. He's expected to do a 4 hour alternative school, pass classes, have a job and do chores. He acts like that is way too much to handle. Unfortunately this man child has been coddled his whole life and now we are reaping the consequences of it. I blame his mother and father for it. He throws tantrums when he's asked to do the simplest things like chores or cleaning up his room or closing the pantry door so the dogs don't get in the trash. He saw our dog throw up on his carpet and didn't clean it up. When I say I'm fed up, I mean it. He's about to be 18 and his future looks grim. He constantly blames everyone but himself for his problems, says he's feeling off and life is unfair. Gee I wonder why lol. My home doesn't feel like a home and everyone in the house feels it. My husband has stuck to his guns and not enabled him but I also feel like he needs to get firm when speaking to him because talking nice isn't cutting it. I asked my SS to stay out of his brothers room twice because he had a fever and wasn't feeling great, he roiled his eyes and laughed in my face when I told him to leave the room. I asked him are you pulling an attitude with me right now? And his response is how do you know? Lol is it wrong to want him out of my house like today and is it wrong to want to see what happens when he has no where to turn to because he has burned so many bridges? He will not come to my home ever again after this but in all honesty I don't think he will ever return. He hates rules and structure and is content with being a high school drop out, with no car and a dead end job. It's honestly sad to watch. Thanks for reading my disorganized rant.

JRI's picture

Remind me why its 7 months.  I remember you but cant recall the why.  He's trashing you to his GPs as a way to get them to accept him into their home ("I'm a poor victim").  Any chance they'll do it?

Tm's picture

Well now it's 5 months, but the reason is because his mother sent him here because he was out of control and she said it's basically Dads turn to deal with it. And yes he's protraying himself as a victim to his grandparents which his grandmother may give in not so sure about his grandfather though. His grandfather told him to man up and when he moves back he has to stop hanging out with the people he was surrounding himself with. He didn't like that at all. So who knows. His stepdad told him to save up money to get an apartment and keep this job so maybe he can transfer when he moves but I just don't see it happening. Sometimes I feel bad for him because he just doesn't see what an opportunity he has here to get his life together. It's sad to watch someone self destruct.

JRI's picture

So he's with you til the end of the school year?  Does he graduate this year?  I agree, he sounds like a royal pain but at least your DH isn't rolling over.  Have you disengaged?  Let DH handle EVERYTHING?

Tm's picture

I'm semi disengaged, unfortunately my husband's job requires him to be away for certain periods of time. So I have to do the bare minimum at least. My husband set up a ride to get SS to and from school thank goodness. I make dinner and expect him to do his chores when he gets home without me asking. Other than that I don't have a whole lot of interaction. He will not graduate by the time he leaves our home and he's perfectly fine with that. It's really pitiful to see.

Rags's picture

Hopefully your State is an 18 or HS graduation, whichever is later State.  Some are 18 and graduated and the parents remain on the hook until graduation or some older than 18 cut off.

For us, it was HS graduation and 18.  Though we never had to learn the deeper details as SS-30 graduated at 17 and was under the Custody/Visitation/Support order until his 18th B-day.  As the CP household, there was not much issue from our end. Though the NCP/SpermClan could not call the DA fast enough on his 18th B-day to end CS.

Pathetically, as soon as he enlisted in the USAF they started trying to guilt him into direct depositing straight from his pay to their bank for him to pay them back for the CS they paid on him for 17 years.  In their deviant, warped, small minds, this was in order to support his three also out of wedlock Spermidiot spawned half sibs by two other baby mamas.

SS was far more than sharp and confident enough to not do that. For the most part he has had little more than intermittent insignificant contact with them in the 12+ years since he aged out from under the CO.

CLove's picture

Yeah, youve been here long enough, and I totally feel for you. SD23 Feral Forger - so glad she went away, and has stayed away.

Eventually something happens and she tries to come back though.

Hope he can get his cripe together. And his sh!tty attitude. It doesnt have to be this way...