You are here

Husband Allows Step Son to Do EVERYTHING

dmm21395's picture

I'm dealing with some issues involving my husband and his son. Mt step son is 16 and his dad allows his to do pretty much anything he wants. He allowed him to come in at 1a.m., be driven around and treated to dinner by a girl in his High School who's a Junior/Senior (he's just a Freshman. I'm loking at these things as a bad thing. I'm fairly old school and don't think it's apropriate for a girl, especially of her age, to be interested in and driving around boys that she's interested in as more than a friend. I ask questions like, " With all the boys at the school why is she interested in a Freshman? Why does she think it's alright to drive a boy around...shouldn't he be driving her and treating her to dinner? I think 1 am is too late for a 16 year old. My husband is angry with me because he says I nag about everything. I see it as having values. When his son screws up and, for example, fails to do a chore or something else he's expected to do, he doesn't punish him, ground him, or take anything away from him. There's no consequences whatsoever. He said to me, " What do you want me to do? All he did was leave out the macaroni and cheese overnight on the stove." The way I see it is, " He's been told REPEADITLY about what's expected of him and when he doesnt do it nothing happens. You're teaching him not to take you seriousley. He might not curse at you and tell you to f** off, but theres other ways to show a lack of respect.

Overall I simply dont agree with his lack of parenting. He says, " I just dont want him in my face." So then he allows him to go outside and play, hand out with friends, cell phone...etc...it's like he's afraid of being the bad guy. His ex, BM is a total ass. She's just as bad at parenting too. I feel like I'm being rejected and when they talk on the phone about the other kids, they're "bonding" and on the same lame ass page in the "non-parenting book of life." I feel like the outsider - and nothing would make her more happy. My husband even said to me, " Why are you so worried about my kids...try parenting yours. You worry about your kids and I'll worry about mine." It made me feel used and totally devalued. He complains about how his ex is such a crap parent, but then behaves in much of the same way. The other day their 9 year old son threw rocks and smashed out the back of someones car window. She had to shell out 600 bucks to get it fixed and now shes calling my husband boo-hooing about how now shes broke and ," Can you pleeease send me some money via Western union since you still owe child support for this month?" He's acting like a lunatic, frustruated and upset because he doesn't have 125.00 until he gets paid and he's desperatly trying to find money to send her. He said she was pulling a pitty party...but he's still falling for it. I'm feeling like I just want out. I'm starting to really feel like I just need to go.

Disneyfan's picture

Why in the world is a 16 year old in the 9th grade? He should be a junior or at least ending his sophmore year.