You are here

Lying manipulative BM. SS who won't talk.

Hogger's picture

My bf's ex has bi-polar, is afraid to laave her house and has panic/anxiety attacks. She constantly lies about everything, tells lies to the SS, tells him to lie to us about what goes on at her house etc. This is tearing apart my fiance and the SS. She won sole custody because my bf's lawyer was in hospital recovering from quadruple bypass and didn't fill out the proper paperwork and also advised us not to and not to even attend court. How do I help my fiance and SS?

Hogger's picture

We can't afford a new lawyer as we still owe this one money and there is an upcoming trial to settle everything once and for all. Not sure if thngs will come out good for us as the Canadian courts favour the BM so much over the BD.

Thetis's picture

I'm sure you guys know this now but just for future reference, if you do not show up for court, the other party wins automatically, and you will get treated as harshly as possible.

Your lawyer should lose his rights to practice if he told you not to go.

Thetis's picture

Ohh ps. I'm Canadian as well. Canadian courts tend to favour Joint Custody with the mother stated as having Primary Residency. Which means the father usually has some rights (on paper) but the mother can do whatever she wants.

Hogger's picture

Yeah, our lawyer is an idiot, I agree. At least if there is joint custody will may have some more rights. Right now she won't even let my bf pick his own son up at school! She has all the power. Just so frustrating....

Thetis's picture

Sorry to say it, but get used to it. Having a order, that is not temporary, changed is next to impossible! Document everything you can, but really you probably wont get anywhere.
I would suggest trying to work on your and your dh's relationship with the BM. I know shes crazy but if you want to be a part of this kids life its probably the only way.