You are here

What is your "angry" song list?

tofurkey's picture

You know what I'm talking about. Something rubbed you the wrong way, you're upset, angry, depressed, frustrated, all of the above, etc. What are the song(s) that you listen to that either make you feel empowered or taking you to a happier place when you've just had "one of those days"?

I revert to music a lot to either calm me down or make me feel better. So much that if DH gets into my car he knows what kind of mood I was in last time I was in it. Depending on what's playing on my IPOD, he'll say "ohhhhh, wifey has her angry music on I see!" We both get a good laugh...

My "most played" are:

- Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet
- When it Hurts by Avant
- Me, Myself, and I by Beyonce
- Fuel by Metallica
- Did I shave my Leg for this? by Deana Carter
- Down with the Sickness - Disturbed

MaGoose2010's picture

I play the oldies in my car especially when the skid is alone with me because I know he hates it and I won't allow him or anyone to adjust the sound or skip the song:

I play 70's 80's & 90's music mostly which modern kids HATE!
I love Faith Hill when I need cheering up: "This Kiss" "Breathe" "It matters to me"
Lady Antebellum always makes me sing along: "Run to you" "American Honey" etc
Joshua Kadison "You'll always be beautiful in my eyes" when I am having a depressed day about my weight.
Billy Joel "Piano Man" reminds me of my dear piano man (FH) who is always out there gigging and we're alone at home (Me babysitting!)

MG

starfish's picture

MAG, sounds like you may know some country music... there's one i heard the other day that made me lmao thinking about bm..

goes something like:

"alway something going on in the trailerhood"

do you know it or who sings it???

cracks me up b/c of all the stories skids tell about hwat goes on at home.

MaGoose2010's picture

Hi Starfish
I am not really a country music fan but love modern country, but I will try to find out for you. If you type in those words into Google it may take you to the song...not sure.

I am old school...Cliff Richard, some Kenny Rogers, Grease etc

MG

starfish's picture

thanks, that is it...... i should get that cd for bm for christmas or just the single if available!! as if i would ever get her anything!!

LizGrace65's picture

I love "Down with the Sickness"!

I have a lot of these - hard to elect even a top 10. They don't always take me to a better place - but they're always a way to expel some of the emotion.

Hmmmm....

Mother Mother by The Veronicas ("I'm hungry, I'm dirty, I'm losing my mind - EVERYTHING'S FINE!!!!!" SO hates when I sing it!)
Malo by Bebe (about a woman fed up with her abuser, telling him she's gonna take him down!)
Si Te Vas by Pedro Fernandez (go ahead and leave - you'll see you can't replace me!)
Da La Vuelta by Marc Anthony (same as above!)
Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
Just Wait by Blues Traveler
Sleep to Dream by Fiona Apple
F-You Hoe I Don't Want You Back by Eamon (if you haven't heard this, look it up. Love it!)
Shut Up by The Black Eyed Peas
Why by Annie Lennox
Silent All These Years by Tori Amos
Tell Me What to Say by Black Lab
Wish Me Well (You Can Go to Hell) by The Bouncing Souls (too funny)
Bring On The Rain by Jodee Messina & Tim McGraw

If I can't lower my blood pressure with those I probably need a cocktail LOL.

Good post...

L

tofurkey's picture

LizGrace - I did look up the one by Eamon, i had never heard it before but i love it!!!

Oh, another one that is just WONDERFUL is "Bust your windows" by Jazmine Sullivan. That one works everyyyyyyy time

alwaysanxious's picture

i used to love this song. SD15 ruined all Lil Wayne for me. She listens to his songs over and over, the nasty and the dirty. Sings them. Hate to see such filth come out of a kids mouth.

This song was great though. Good angry song.

mommylove's picture

Lately I've been listening to more "sad" than "angry" songs - anything about leaving a bad situation and being happy alone sounds great right about now!

distorted reality's picture

Get Over It- The Eagles
Falls On Me- Fuel
Bother- Stone Sour
Victim of A foolish Heart- Joss Stone
She Don't Want The World- 3 Doors Down
Respect- Train
Hopeless- Train

There's probably more but, right off the top of my head, lol.

Stick's picture

Down with the Sickness is my ringtone!

Here's some various playlist songs...

Cold - Crossfade - good for when you are just like - Hey - this is who I am ...

Outside - Aaron Lewis - good for when you are feeling somewhat bitter

Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit - great anger song!! (Great BM Song)

Killing in the Name of - Rage Against the Machine...

Break Stuff lyrics here...
ts just one of those days
When you don't wanna wake up
Everything is fucked
Everybody sux
You don't really know why
But you want justify
Rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact
Your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker
It's just one of those days!!

[chorus]
Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit
Lettin' shit slip
Or you'll be leavin with a fat lip
Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit talkin that shit
(Punk, so come and get it)
Its just one of those days
Feelin' like a freight train
First one to complain
Leaves with a blood stain
Damn right I'm a maniac
You better watch your back
Cuz I'm fuckin' up your program
And if your stuck up
You just lucked up
Next in line to get fucked up
Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker
Its just one of those days!!

One Life Once Chance's picture

So I pick the world up and I’ma drop it on your f*ckin’ head
Bitch, I’ma pick the world up and I’ma drop it on your f*ckin’ head

I'm going to have to download that shit from Itunes tonight! LMAO

Most Evil's picture

Ok, I only love oldies too and the one that always blows off steam for me is: Paint It Black, by Rolling Stones

"I want to see the sun - blotted out from the sky"-!

wriggsy's picture

Godsmack and old Metallica. There is one song by The Offspring that just gets me going..."You're gonna go far, kid" Not wanting to be political, but it reminds me of our current president...

mommylove's picture

I saw this and thought of Last Resort - Papa Roach

Yep, I guess I am just more into the depression songs than the anger songs right now. Sad

stressgirl79's picture

My favorite is "7 Words" by Deftones...no clue what they are screaming for half the song but there's a full thirty seconds of screaming "f***" and you can never go wrong with that. "Sugar" by System of a Down is a good angry/slaphappy song too. Oh, and "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert...and "Breakin' Dishes" by Rihanna.

mommylove's picture

"Breakin' Dishes" by Rihanna

This made me remember a song I heard on the radio a while back called "Bust Your Windows" so I just looked up the lyrics. Even though it really doesn't apply to my situation (actually might be more of a "crazy" BM song when you read the lyrics - LOL!) I really understood this part:

I bust the window out your car
You should feel lucky that was all I did
After 5 whole years of this bull****
Gave you all of me and you played with it

mommylove's picture

(actually might be more of a "crazy" BM song when you read the lyrics - LOL!)

This made me think of You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette

Fuzzpuss's picture

The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
Today I don't feel like doing anything,
I just wanna lay in my bed.
Don't feel like picking up the phone until you take your kids back home,
'Cause today I don't feel like doing anything.
Nothin' at all.

**lyrics have been edited slightly... Blum 3

buttercookie's picture

I absolutely hate that song, I think its the theme song for most of these entitled skids and when it comes on the radio I change the channel. Personally I think it promotes laziness in todays youth but I must just be getting too old and too jaded by my adult skid.

Fuzzpuss's picture

Lol cookie, I think that's why I like it. Because after a hard weeks work, when it's our weekend to have the skids and they expect you to do stuff for them, or have some fun expensive day out planned, I can just leave the room humming that tune to myself. Maybe one day, when they're older and have jobs and bills to pay and maybe even skids of their own, they'll learn to cherish the sanctity that is the day off. Smile

Tmoore's picture

LOL...my Dh knows when I am upset with him when he hears, he knows I would never leave him but there are days when I have to be reminded that it is my choice to be in this relationship

Beyoncé - Irreplaceable
Rihanna - Take A Bow

And when he hears the following it is baout the kids/skids or my illness

Destiny's Child - Survivor

darned confused's picture

At least for right this moment I am jamming to the following to work off some energy ...

#1 I feel like slapping somebody today - Ludacris
#2 Ya'll gon' make me lose my mind - DMX
#3 I don't feel like loving you today - Gretchen Wilson
#4 F*c* you - Ceeloo

Dam, am I angry??? Perhaps I need help!! LOL

beyond pissed-off's picture

That's easy - Hole's "Live Through This" - the entire album is a big fu@k you fest sung by an undeniably angry woman. When this album is playing, enter at your own risk!

beyond pissed-off's picture

That's easy - Hole's "Live Through This" - the entire album is a big fu@k you fest sung by an undeniably angry woman. When this album is playing, enter at your own risk!

Kes's picture

I just also posted this on the BM nicknames thread - my song about the BM (who is dumpy) is "Short People" by Randy Newman.
"Short people got no reason, short people got no reason to live. They got little hands, little eyes, they walk around telling great big lies. They got little noses, tiny little teeth, they wear platform shoes on their nasty little feet..don't want no short people round here"

007Lostit's picture

Oh when i am pissed I like to listen to Linkin' Parks Hybrid Theory CD....it just works for me lol. One step closer I play as loud as I can lol but the whole CD just rocks for angry music.

alwaysanxious's picture

Army of me by Bjork- for when I feel sorry for myself. reminds me not to
Let the bodies hit the floor- Drowning pool
99 Problems- Jay-Z

One Life Once Chance's picture

Judas Priest - Now You're Messing with a Son of a Bitch - ALWAYS works for me.

DoingItAgain's picture

OLOC,that would be from Nazareth. Love Priest but they don't do that song.