You are here

Adele Rock Cover

AmIWicked's picture

My local radio station is playing this rock version of Adele's Hello by Lukas Rossi.
The men at my work had horrible things to say about it.
"Adele's version is such a great love song."
"Adele's version is a classic this rock version is so angry it changes the meaning of the song."
"She does that song so well you really feel what she's feeling. This version is like he doesn't really care about the girl he's singing to because he's yelling at her."

I've posted about my shit male coworkers before, if you remember. They had the mistake of asking me what I thought about the rock version, "Isn't this version ruining Adele's?"

I smiled and said, "No, I like it much better than Adele's. She sounds like a whining ex girlfriend calling and harassing her boyfriend that lives halfway around the world and has long ago moved on from her. If you've ever had a stalker crazy ex that's all you'd hear. This rock version sounds like he is pissed at his ex girlfriend and he is done trying to please her. So yes I agree, him yelling the lyrics changes the tone of the song and I like it better."
The man at work just walked away.

I found the song on youtube when I got home and played it for DH (who hates this kind of music) and he said,
"Well Adele has a great voice, but this version sounds like when I was saying F-you to BM when she left me for another married man. I tried to get her back for a hot second and then said F-it I'm not trying anymore."

I think I copied the link right. If not search Lukas Rossi Hello cover on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibK9jm7rFhE

Tuff Noogies's picture

ben "HEY now..."

that wasnt too bad. my first thought was "oh hell no, it's sacreligeous to ever attempt an ac/dc cover!!" but he actually did pretty damn good! i wonder what his voice really sounds like when he's not trying to channel bon scott.

do i need to pass you a drool-rag, darlin'? }:) he looks a bit like colin farrell.

Tuff Noogies's picture

thanks sal, now i gotta clean my keyboard and monitor off from spurting my coffee.... you are effing hilarious!

Tuff Noogies's picture

:sick: :sick: :sick:
ew. but yup, i totally agree with ur take on it. it's almost like a need to feel that they're wanted and missed.