You are here

Vent - disappointed in my DH :(

Sparklelady's picture

Just so sad today with the realization over the last week that my husband is cracking (he's showing symptoms of Disney dad syndrome!) under the pressures of his dd17/ds15 pulling away from him. I'm so disappointed that he would so easily begin to cave to their poor behaviour and choices just because the going is getting tough.

He vents to me, complains about what they are doing and how it must change - but then of course, his actions and words towards them do not match. He's taking the easy route and I'm disappointed in him and frankly just bloody sad to see this side of him.

Blah.

That is all.

vmeece75's picture

I like the term DisneyDad! Kind of what I've been calling it the "if this happens again" punishment! My DH is having the same issues and I always look like the bad guy bc when the SS13 is in the wrong and I make a punishment decision, his dad always argues with my SS13 about what has happened and allows my SS to manipulate him into changing the punishment, usually to a 2 hour arguement/lecture and a "if this happens again" statement which is never followed through with!!! I feel so bad for you and our DH's!

lostbroken's picture

Awe Sparkle, I have the same thing going on in my house hold. Its heart breaking. They say one thing and do the opposite. The only person that can stop this is DH. He needs to stand firm in his beliefs. Or like other posters have said he might be venting to you to make it look like he agrees. I think thats exactly where my DH is at. Instead of fighting with me, he seems he just wants to smooze me. I almost feel sorry for him. But dont get me wrong, I am mad as hell at my DH for this behavior. I wish you the best, and stay strong!!!!