You are here

Just a vent- whats the point in therapy if you don't follow through with actions????

goincrazy.com's picture

My therapist is awesome- he calls me out on my shit and FDH's too and he helps. My issue is, I really try hard to work on the stuff, I try really really hard. FDH sometimes brings up stuff "the therapist said" that I'm not doing- basically I hold a grudge on the things that Sd15 does to me and says about me and I have adult expectations for sd15 and "she's just a kid"

My ass she's a kid, yea she's immature for her age but she's a TEENAGER who needs to be held responsible for her actions- I stand my ground on this, she's not 5.

FDH is supposed to work on a genuine relationship and not just being a bank and money tree to her. Spend quality time together , not taking her out to eat every time etc

Anywho, SD15 goes on spring break with her mom and her mom allows sd's boyfriend on the trip (IMO inappropriate AND they both lied and hid it from FDH) Not my business- whatever
FDH took her on a spring wardrobe shopping spree-$300 for her vacation and summer clothes. She doesn't call him or come over after that-duh. She's gone a week and FDH misses her, she was supposed to come Sunday, never showed- it was her and her bf's 6 month anniversary :sick: She was supposed to come monday- never showed up

Tuesday, she comes over............

FDH " Your sweet 16 is coming up in June- what should we do for your birthday? Should I throw a big party? Do you want to go somewhere? What do you want? You are only 16 once.... :sick:
Your bf asked you to prom? I'll pay for 1/2. Oh you want a suite at a hotel and Benihanas for dinner with all your friends (like $45) a meal- OK!!!!!

Are you f'n kidding me? What happened to not showering her with gifts and and offering $ and material things just bc you miss her so much? I thought we discussed this in therapy???

Now, "I'm just mad bc he's going to spend $ on her" :jawdrop:

I kick myself for even bringing up anything- it's fair game! He calls me out! I'm so irritated- it's his $, I'm just SO sick of him talking the talk and as soon as she's around and he see's her it's like not my bf- everything we agree upon and discuss and work out in therapy goes out the window.

And it's not about the $ bc the $ doesn't affect me at all- doesn't hurt my pockets, it hurts me to see him get used and burned and taken advantage of, as soon as he's on board and see's it, he misses her and starts offering all this shit to make her need him? or miss him??? IDK???? :? He's a dumbass

He just brought me lunch at work bc he was working in the area and I'm still mad and most of all disappointed. I'm trying so hard on my end and he's just saying what sounds good- lunch is delicious but he can't buy my love! HA!

goincrazy.com's picture

****AND I took out chicken wings for dinner for Tuesday (unaware she was even coming over btw).....Ohhh no we had to go to SD15's fave restaurant....buffalo wild wings (a chicken wing restaurant for those who don't know) :jawdrop:

RedWingsFan's picture

HOLY HELL! I'd be LIVID if I were you.

And yes, she's 15, not 5 - she needs to be held accountable. I have that same argument about SD14. Sure she's from a broken home (so am I), sure she's been PAS'd (so was I), sure she was made to have the world revolve around her and given too much power by her parents (NOT me), but come on! When does it become a SD problem and not a "she was raised by shitty parents" problem?

I wish I could help but until your FDH starts actually DOING what he says he's going to do, things won't get better with her but you already know that. Our lives are quite similar, except now SD14 is so far up BM's ass that she totally refuses her dad's calls and won't talk to him. It's almost a blessing in disguise for me, but I still suffer the fallout when he gets rejected time and time again.

goincrazy.com's picture

I am livid!!! But yet bc I bring anything up abt his shitty kid I'm the asshole.

It's so frustrating!!!!! But it's all good bc how much you wanna bet, she's gonna blow him off this year or make other plans like she did to us last year- she cancelled on the way out the door to her bday dinner bc *I* was going- Thats when she was drinking at the beach with her friends and they left her and she was found face down in the sand foaming at the mouth.

Thats me the scapegoat- maybe I should change my name from goincrazy to scapegoat?!

Anyway, It's so hard to not give up- we have come a ways but FDH is on my shit list. Our anniversary is coming up next month, hasn't said a word about that- Sd15's bday party shits on everything BECAUSE IT'S SUCH A BIG FUCKING DEAL

In all honesty- I'm so angry right now so I'm gonna say it FUCK HER!!!!!! lol }:) that felt good

xanax please

RedWingsFan's picture

Get it all out girl, that's what we're here for!

I swear our SD's are the same fucking bratty girl. I can honestly say I hate SD14, not only for what she's done to me, but what she continues to do to DH and how she manipulates his family STILL.

4 1/2 more years of paying CS for her ass and dealing with visitation/schedules. It can't come soon enough for me, let me tell you!

I'm hitting the wine tonight I do believe...

goincrazy.com's picture

Thanks red, you always make me feel better Smile

I honestly hate sd15 too. She knows what she's doing and how to get what she wants; my therapist called her a master manipulator, I hate the sound of her name, and I'm trying so very hard to make this work. I was also informed yesterday that I'm "expected" to attend seeing SD15 off to prom with his old fat exw while they all take pictures and I'm standing by myself excluded and awkward bc I KNOW that neither I nor SD15 wants ANY pics together............

I def need a drink

RedWingsFan's picture

You're "expected"? Can you just say NO??????????

I know you're trying hard to make it work but really - think of your own happiness! And since you guys aren't married and she's only 15, do you reallllllly think things will get better anytime soon?

Trust me, if DH wasn't the guy he is, I never would've stuck around through all this bullshit. And SD14 would still be living with him every other day, telling him what he can and can not do, and he'd be forking over whatever $$$ BM said to. His life would be shit and he knows it. He's already said as much.

But yeah, there's no way in Hell I'd be a part of that prom thing with SD and BM. NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL. Shit, DH wouldn't do it either. No way.

goincrazy.com's picture

I'm going to post more about this when the time comes bc I need some advice but heres how he brought it up " Oh, we will finally be able to meet SD15's boyfriends parents when we take her pictures before prom" I said What? :? You want me to go take pictures with you and your fat XW for her prom???? He said " Ummm yea, Why wouldn't you go? We are a couple and it's her first prom and it's special and I want you to be there bc you are my partner- why would you not want too"???

Hmmmmmmmmm........let me see.......... :sick:

We are gonna have it out but I'm staying tight lipped for now until it comes up again, in the mean time I'm brewing a plan. Of course I can just straight up say no- but then I'm the evil jealous gf who doesn't want anything to do with SD's special day bc the attention isn't on me and this is going against our "tasks" in therapy............

Also, FDH doesn't give a crap about XW- he's just worried about missing out on something- AND if any of you recall, remember sadies pictures? She used us for a ride for her and her friends! Wasn't even done getting ready, her bf wasn't there and we were supposed to meet him and not 1 picture was taken.............

I've been at a crossroads for a while now red and I'm still not 100% with a decision so I'm sitting still for now. FDH makes me happy I'd say honestly about 85% of the time- the rest is pure hot, firey, step hell.

RedWingsFan's picture

You have a name in your post, FYI...

Ok, so can you suggest that they take photos over at her mother's house and then come to YOUR place and do the same? Why does it have to only occur together?

So it's her first prom and yes, that can be considered a "big deal" but just like he and his ex are no longer together, they don't have to do this together to make SD happy either...

I'd suggest that. "Hey, FDH - I think it's great SD is going to her first prom and I know you want to be there for the pictures, so how about she does them at BM's and then swings by our place so we can have our own special time taking photos with her?"

Pure, hot, fiery stephell - 15% of the time. Yeah, I can see why you stick around...

goincrazy.com's picture

I couldnt find the name!!!

Yea, the 15% is super intense- thats why its hard. She's just not around that often but when she is it's intense. Thats what I was wondering. Why cant they stop by? And meeting his parents isn't a big deal- they have been together for 6 months, the importance isn't there and not that I really give a rats ass- I can only imagine what they have heard about us

RedWingsFan's picture

Goingcrazy - I'll quote it for you: remember sadies pictures...there's the name.

And you're right - they should be able to stop by before they go to prom, after BM's place. No problems, no issues. I know during my prom we had to go to my friend's place, take photos, then to my place, take photos, then a few other places, take photos. It's not a big deal!

goincrazy.com's picture

Thanks for the fyi! I'll edit it Smile

So as of last night they aren't going to prom anymore bc her boyfriend decided not to go. They have no friends anymore and wouldn't have anyone to hangout with......

I said well it's not her prom anyway. She has two more years to go, he said that's what XW said and that's their reason for not getting her a super expensive dress- the dress she tried on is $170.......that's not expensive for a prom dress?????
FdH said no, she was expecting a $500-$750 dress :jawdrop:

I freaked out I said WTF is she getting married?! I said when the time comes and if u spend that ridiculous amount on a fucking prom dress, you and I are gonna have a serious problem.

Now I'm angry all over again. FDH and XW are the biggest idiot parents that feed into her spoiled rotten entitled bitch self. And I do 100% blame them- but I don't like her snotty ass either

RedWingsFan's picture

$500+ for a prom dress? Shit - that's crazy.

I'm sorry honey. And yes, Sadie's was the name I was thinking of. I had a feeling you meant Sadie Hawkins but wasn't sure.

And yes, you have every right to be pissed. I'd be the same if I were in your situation as well.

Elizabeth's picture

I SO could have written your blog. DH took SD then about 15 to an expensive Japanese steakhouse for her birthday but our BD to Applebees. Um, what? He even tried to get me to agree it would be a good idea for him and her to go on a cruise alone to celebrate her EIGHTH GRADE GRADUATION. WTH?! I told him, unless they drop out, ALL kids graduate eight grade. This is not a milestone to celebrate on the level of going on a cruise. And this is OUR money, we are married. Hell no! I've never gone on a cruise in my life.

DH tried to get on the sweet sixteen party train as well but I put a screeching halt to that. She got money for a car out of him instead.

RedWingsFan's picture

^^WOW Elizabeth! A cruise for 8th grade graduation? Holy shit. I know SD14 has a school trip to DC after she graduates 8th grade that BM is sending her on (to the tune of $1800)...and had she discussed it with DH instead of just automatically signing the kid up and paying for it, he likely would've paid half even though that bitch has done nothing but snub him and ignore him for months and she doesn't deserve it.

I can't get over how kids are so catered to and spoiled nowadays. We didn't "graduate" from 8th grade, we simply started high school. There was no pomp and circumstance for it. Makes ZERO sense to me.

And I do plan on doing something special for DD15's sweet 16 next year but since she chose to live with her dad in MI full time, it won't be anything lavish (even if she did live with me it wouldn't be lavish, but special).

RedWingsFan's picture

I know right? The trip to DC is a school planned trip, but not all of the 8th graders are going and a lot of the parents actually let their kids earn their way by having them do fundraisers. BM said SD didn't have to work for it, she "earned" it through good grades so she was going. Did BM forget that SD was held back a year? So her "good grades" are really just a repeat of the same year so she already KNOWS the material? She should be in high school now but is still in middle school!

RedWingsFan's picture

No shit. I'm just glad CS stops at 19 and not for as long as she's in high school or we'd never finish paying for her ass.

She won't make it to college and is such a big baby she likely won't get her license till she's 20! She already said she plans to live with BM until she's 30!

goincrazy.com's picture

YES! This is such bullshit! He will even say "oh, I don't really wanna go to benihanas if we have MY BD8, even if it's for lunch which is $13!!!!" But he's taking her there with all her friends? And this is not her present oh no, she still gets cash and presents on top of it."

Everyone has their breaking point and IF my FDH EVER wanted to take a trip without me and only SD15, he would come home to a permanent empty house. That is so rude and disrespectful. What in the fuck makes these guys so stupid with their daughters???

Don't get me wrong, FDH is a pretty awesome dad to my daughter and she's not his- however it's different. He claims its only bc he doesn't see SD15 as much- bullshit. He treats my daughter different and I see it. He's not as excited to see her, or makes such a big deal about her birthdays. He buys sd new clothes every 3 months- he never buys my daughter clothes, he bought her a pair of school shoes. I 100% take care of her and thats fine. I work, I can do that but it pisses me off when he tries to compare and he's so freaking blind.
I don't say anything bc I don't want my daughter to be a spoiled materialistic asshole like SD15.