The move

BuggiesMom's picture

So...here it is Friday and I'm dreading the week-end. "Queenie" as I lovingly refer to her, has FINALLY been court ordered out of the marital residence. We've been paying the mortgage on the castle, all utilities and right down to the kid mowing the grass for the last 2 years. The final decree (which took over 2 years) from the magistrate just got handed down and of course she appealed everything. (go figure) Anyway, everything in the house was ordered to be split 50/50. To date, he has taken a recliner from there (when he moved out) and that is it. Keep in mind, this is a 5,500 sq.ft., $700,000.00 house; and last night, he comes home with 3 of his 4 autographed, framed jerseys that he left behind. I asked where #4 was and he said that she had already "given" it to her son (from previous marriage)and so he wasn't going to bother with it. I asked him what else did he get and he replied, "Nothing." "Nothing?" I asked. "14 years together and you got nothing else out of the house? You walked away with a recliner and 3 jerseys in broken frames?" His response? "She said she's leaving the pool table as well." O.k....Did I just miss something? He said he's not asking for anything because he just wants her out.I seriously want to take my hands and wring his ignorant neck. I for one, don't think she'll be out by Sunday. We gave the moron a check for 5 grand in court on Monday and she called him yesterday to say she can't move this week-end because she's broke and can't afford movers. He asked if I thought we should give her some more money? "Um no." would be the answer to that....So anyway, I'm ticked off right now and I'm annoyed with myself for it. I'm mad that he's being a wimp and falling for her b.s.....The woman makes 75k a year at her job. She HAS the money. Then there's the fact that we all know she won't do a top notch job cleaning. I believe it will be the extreme opposite and the house will be destroyed. Yours truly will be left to clean the crap up. Once again. Me with her left-overs. I'm convinced he'll give her money without me knowing and I'm convinced she still won't be out. He says it's because of my hatred for her. I call a spade a spade and I know her M.O.; it hasn't changed since I met her. I, on the other hand, HAVE changed. I'm resentful, I think mean thoughts and I feel deep hatred for this witch that is interferring with my life on a daily basis.....
Tell me it will get better....

happy's picture

get the Fu** out of his house things will not get better. First of all if you are the one who is cleaning up her shit, then you totally should have a say over everything. he has got to get pist off and i mean angry. she doesn't have the money, well if you have the court order i would take it there on Sunday and then start helping her move? does the paper say she has to be out? are you and him married? OMG i would be livid. that is a lot of stuff that he is letting her keep but then again do you really want anything of hers? i know its just the point but still get her out and then go in and clean house. still i can see your point 5500 sq ft of a home and he is taking nothing. that place has to have furniture. i am sorry..
Happy

" make sure you tell the people you love most EVERYDAY.. Its important not only for them to know but for you to tell.. Life is to short to be miserable..

BuggiesMom's picture

The sorry witch moved out and left one helluva mess!! UGH! It's so bad that I bet the guys from 1-800-GOT-JUNK tell us to go get bent!!!The electric was off (that one kind of back-fired on me) since last Monday so the fridge smelled horrible! She left crap in every cupboard, closet, nook & cranny!! The floors and counters were disgusting...It looked like someone vacating after a foreclosure. The hag took mirrors from the bathrooms, the light bulbs and every last roll of toilet paper...It was nuts!! She left a few shitty, pre-historic pieces of furniture for us to haul off and that was it. The house is gorgeous. Big, modern, a total dream home. I'm thinkin' we may just move back in. Let the the old so-and-so pay for all the pain and suffering she has put me through....

She's created a monster.........

happy's picture

You can do a lot with some elbow grease and some paint.. I think you all should move back in and call it your own. It will be beautiful and as you said its a dream home.. The main thing is the witch is gone. I can't imagine having a home like that and letting it get so dirty and grouse. I would clean all the Nooks and Cranny's out call the Junk guys who will not tell you to get bent because someone elses junk is somebody elses treasure. LOL.. Have all that picked up, start painting every room and move in and do things so different that when she has to drop off the SK she sits with her jaw on the ground..
Whatcha think?

Happy
"live life to its fullest everyday"

Anonymous's picture

I can understand in part, what your husband is saying. Why aggravate himself with things (her) that he cannot control. Personally, I wouldn't want my husband to return to his past residence and bring home anything that she may have contaminated anyway.....

As far as the moving, if it's court ordered and she's not out, call the cops. Period.

Lastly, from personal experience I can tell you that someone I know happened to destroy the inside of her home on her last day living there. In order for the house to receive less of an offer, she broke things on purpose. I would be sure to take pics BEFORE she moves and then again AFTERWARDS. Just in case.......

Janice

PS: Good luck!

Sebbie's picture

Lovers do not finally meet somewhere, they were with each other all along.

Plain and simple...IF there is a date listed that she has to be out by, enforce it by having deputy sheriffs meet you at the home on THAT date and have her forceably removed.What shit she intends to keep, put on the street....
As for dh and him giving her everything..let him sweetie. DH and I let go of everything material that was in our previous homes and bought everything together that is in our's. That in itself makes us both feel like this is OUR home, no reminders, everthing down to the spatulas in our kitchen drawers is ours.

BuggiesMom's picture

But I guess I'm being evil...I mean, trust me...I don't want her shit. I just don't want her to have his half (if that makes ANY sense at all)...I want us to take his half just so she can't have it and then have a big bonfire out back!!! We have a house and we have our own stuff. I just know where she moved to and it is a third of the size of where she lives now. She has no room for all of that stuff and I know she's already sold a good portion of it. He says he's avoiding conflict and I say he has no balls. I'm typically one of the nicest people you will ever meet; good-natured, always laughing and I like everyone. Except for this one person that gets under my skin soooo badly that I can't function at times. She truly brings out my dark side....She will be out Sunday. I called and had the electric shut off today! }:)

Sebbie's picture

Lovers do not finally meet somewhere, they were with each other all along.

My dh did the same thing to his ex when she was being made to move out of the marital home, he had the power, cable, phone all cut off as they were in his name. Got her butt moving and packing alot faster.Btw, even though my dh said she could have everything in the home, bm left quite a bit...the funniest, her bouquet from their wedding day that she had framed(left it on the kitchen counter). We had a yard sale for the items she left and dh LOVED selling her framed bouquet for 1 penny,lol,lol(which he gave to her while telling her that is all he could get for the framed flowers,lol)

BuggiesMom's picture

All week-end. We had the girls and she kept texting them (11 yr old twins) to tell them how tired she was and how sad she was. God bless 'em...they kept telling her not to be sad; that they would help her fix their new place up just as nice....(would led me to wonder, yet again, who is the parent and who is the child in that whole muddled mess)....anyway, she left him a message and told him she took what she "needed" and he can deal with the rest.
Go figure....