You are here

I feel like Im drowning

amalynne's picture

Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated. Here is my background. I was a single mother of one daughter for 12 years and I had no help from her dad(btw my call). He was no good. Anyways I moved in with my BF over a year ago. I moved from another state to be with him as being long distance was hard. He was in the middle of a divorce when we got together. He has 2 girls 5 and 7. I feel like im dying in this world im in. He is great but everything else sucks. I cant find work and what I do find is half what im used to making. Unfortuantly with this economy and where I moved to there is just not alot out there. So that really bothers my security. We are barely making it on my BF $$$ and I do get unemployment. I feel like im just got thrown into his life. I moved where he lived. We got a rental house that is blocks away from his ex wife. It was the best deal we could find and I keep looking for a place on the otherside of town but this is the best house for the money. He said he would never let her be an issue but suprise she is. She thinks she can stop by(as long as she down the street) to see the kids if they are outside. She thinks she can demand he do things. She doesent ask just expects. Things like since I dont work if there are appts or the kids are sick thenm i am responsible for them. I told my bf if they get sick or have appts when we have them (50% of the time) then I will. not be told by her that I WILL when she has them. They talk way too much which I hate because all they do is argue and then he is in a bad mood. Why do I have to deal with a crappy attitude because of her? I try to talk to him and he has made some changes but he dosent want to do what I say becuase she is controlling and he dosent want to feel like im an controlling him as well. Im not a controlling person but I will stand up and speak up when I think things are not OK. I take care of the kids on weekends and on the nights we have them because im not working and my bf can work all 7 days a week with his job. Im tired of taking care of kids that are not mine. If i wanted to do this work I would have more of my own. IM SORRY IT IS WORK. I love my daughter and I do things for her because I love her and its my responsibilty. I do things for his kids because I have to. I get nothing out of it. His kids like me and want to be with me which makes it hard since I feel this way. I honestly do feel bad. I just cant feel more towards them. i feel like a daycare lady. I am glad when they are gone. They make everything chaotic. He loves his kids but is miserable when they are here. They are loud, fight,rude,attention seeking etc. They suck the life out of you. Dont get me wrong they are kids I know but they have NOT been in a good situation before I came into the picture. I spend more time with them than either parent. They see me as the lady to cuddle with and bake cupecakes with etc. I am the postive role model in there life and their dad does love that about me. Im a good mom. Im just done being their "mom". I told my bf when i start working im not watching them anymore on the weekends and he will be responsible for drop off/pick up . He says we are partners so he dosent get why things would change. Am I wrong on this? I dont want the responsobility of his kids. Help out yes but no the primary person. I know it would be a problem cause he works really early in the morning and they will end up at daycare at 5 am but I dont want the responsibility. I shoild stop ventting now. I sound like a horrible person but the truth is im not.

smileygirl's picture

NO, your not a horrible person. This all sounds pretty standard around her unfortuntly. I don't like to generalize but MOST men don't actually enjoy parenting, not the actual work part of it anyway and it's a common thread on this board that they lump it onto us and don't understand why we aren't just thrilled to be taking care of their disrespectful, evil snot nosed brats. After all we should love them with all our hearts. Perhaps you should consider moving back. It's not to late for you to save yourself.