You are here

HELP!!! I'm losing it...No really I am!!!!!!!!!

StepdaughtersSuck's picture

So much & so hard to explain. My 2 SD's (21 & 15) barely visit us. When there is $ involved we hear from them. Or when the 21yr old has a fight with her mother or boyfriend then she comes to live with us until she can't live by our rules then she leaves. Shes been back forth for almost 10yrs.
On Saturday they both decide to visit. I'm sure that they wouldnt have even come if their Dad hadnt sent them $ a few wks ago & that the 15yr old needed $500 asap. One thing, I have no prob with my husband giving them $ . I do wish that he would give it to their mother & not them because I do have a prob with him depositing $1000 into a 15yr olds bank acct because Im pretty sure that they dont even tell their mother when they receive it. Anyway, thats not my big problem. I have 2 bio children (18 daughter & 13 son) that live with us. My daughter had a friend over on Saturday that she hasnt seen for awhile because we recently moved & my nephew was over as well.. They had plans on Saturday to go rollerskating. When they're were leaving my husband freaks out on my daughter because they were leaving while "his kids" are visiting. She explained to him that they had made the plans before she knew that they were coming. He basically freaked out on her. I told them to just stay home. Obviously everyone was upset. My husband then prepared dinner for "his kids" & called them downstairs to eat. An hour or so later my daughter, her friend, my son & nephew were hungry. They had planed on eating while they were out. Anyway, there was nothing left for them to eat & there was no food left to prepare something for them. I had to borrow $ to go & pick up something for them AFTER "his kids" left to go home. BTW they only stayed for about 2hrs because the youngest realized that she wasn't getting any $ and she suddenly had to leave. My husband asked me why they stayed home & I told him that he made them feel guilty for leaving. I told him that he shouldnt have done that to them because they never would have made plans if they knew that his kids were coming over. He told me that he has every right to speak his mind. To a 18 year old REALLY? We've barely spoken since then except when he wanted sex on Sunday morning. Seriously!!! WTF does he really think that I would want to do that after he disrespected my daughter & son?
Cut to this morning...7AM minus 20Celsius. He called me because he's having a prob with the bank. I told him that I cant open the garage door to get the garbage out. He told me to go & wake up my daughter & make her come & help me. That he's sick & tired of us taking advantage of him & what is he supposed to do, leave work to come & do it. I told him that he could have taken out the garbage before he left. Oh man, he went off on me! He's sick & tired of us taking advantage of him. Really? He said that we take advantage of him & his kids & why would I make plans for "my kids" when his were over. Once again I told him that no one knew that they were coming. He still just freaked out & started swearing at me. My heart breaks for my daughter because her bio Dad wants nothing to do with her & its like my my husband treats her like an outsider when ever he feels like & he would rather treat his daughters like princesses even when they are the ones disrespecting him. Added info, I we also have a 6yr daughter & 3yr son together that live with us. I just dont know what to do. I wish that I could leave. Honestly, I have no way of supporting all of us on my own. I have to do something. HELP!!!

doll faced sm's picture

You have to start somewhere. Get a job and start working your way up. Squirrel away money when and where ever you can. Understand that you will receive CS for the children you have together. Leave. If you need to, enlist the help of a person or people you trust. He is controlling you, and the only person who can put a stop to it is you.

Thanks. I've tried several times to put away $ to leave but, I always end up using it on household needs. I just spoke to a friend who's going thru something similar. Always good to have someone/somewhere to vent. Thanks so much. I never even realized that he is controlling me. How did I let this happen?

Toni49's picture

I'm so sorry, SDS, first of all. This is no way to live. I agree with Doll-faced above to start small, get a job if you can even if it is only part-time to make a bit of money and just to get away from the house for awhile. You have four kids depending on you to keep it together and you will, SDS. Best of luck.

Thanks

misSTEP's picture

Only you can decide if this is the type of life you want for yourself and your children.

If it is, then maybe counseling if you can get him to go. If not, then start making plans for your exit.

Thanks. Sorry what I meant by household item is food or transporation. Nothing luxurious. I am going to make a few calls to see if there is any kind of help out there for us.
May sound like a stupid question but, how am I not in a "safe place" for my kids. Maybe I need to see it in writing.
Thanks

Thanks. There are many things that I dont want my children to learn or have to put up will because of me. I will remove them from it as soon as its physically/financially possible. Ive seen people leave & then go back only because they just couldnt do it on their own. I dont want that to happen. Its not just me & 1 or 2 kids Its me & 4 kids.
I do have advice for anyone reading this. Don't ever rely on a man to take care of you & your bio kids. Have a way to provide for them.
I had an awesome career/life before we got together. Almost right away I left it all to stay home & have more babies (2 more). This meant that my husband was the provider. Big mistake. I never dreamed that this man would look at my kids like this. He would really rather give to his ungrateful kids than mine. He's always resented that & I see it more & more as each year passes.

I've tried every approach with him. We've been together for close to 10 yrs. It's gotten worse with each year. My DH used to be an abusive alcoholic towards all of us, including his BDs. I put up with a lot. I took care of him the mornings after his crazy outbursts of him calling me every name in the book. I have been more than patient & kind towards him. I allowed him to treat me like that because I was convinced that he was a drunk because he missed his kids. He's put all of the children thru a lot of crap. I'm not convinced that he thinks that his kids are doing anything wrong. Maybe he feels guilty for treating his kids that way but, he expects my kids to worship him because he pays all of "their" bills.
I would be able to get a job again with my prev. employer. But, after the daycare fees my take home wouldnt be worth it. My DH has decided now that he will be the only one to have a car, even though I came into this relationship with my own paid for vehicle. So I would have to take transit with 2 children to the daycare & then take the 2hr journey to work. It is possible, but is it worth having my 6 & 3yr old leaving at 5am with me & coming home by 8pm? I wont even see my other kids.

Willow2010's picture

Ok...first off tell your DH that your kids are NOT required to stay home just because his kids are there. If he does not like it, so what. Kind of when through this with my DH...he got mad cause my kid went fishing with MY uncle and they did not take SS. I explained to him that he was being stupid. He got over it. Actually he had not choice but to get over it.

Second...talk to your DD and explain to her that she did nothing wrong.

You have put yourself and family in a difficult situation. You DH is being semi abusive to your kids but you will not put an end to it. Get counseling or get job.

Thanks.