You are here

BM “doesn’t want to” take SD trick or treating on her day

christinen's picture

So of course today is Halloween. BM is supposed to have SD tonight because 1. It’s her day and 2. We had SD last Halloween and are supposed to alternate years. Well BM just decided she doesn’t want to go trick or treating so DH is leaving work and driving an hour away to get SD so he can take her trick or treating. What a horrible, POS mother. I feel bad for SD but god damn.. DH and I had plans for tonight and the plans did not include a 4 year old.. but he jumps when BM starts acting like the piece of trash that she is and I’m sure BM knew DH would go get SD. I’m so irritated.

Willow2010's picture

OM!! I would have walked over hot coals to go trick or treating with my kids. What a crap mother. What mother does not want to see a kid that age get all dressed up and trick or treat?!

I feel for you though. Did BM do it because she is that lazy or was it to just ruin your plans?

Newstep's picture

Our BM does this all the time. She thinks she is MOTY until it costs money or it requires work to do something for SD. Then her schedule is packed (she has no job no hobbies and does no volunteer work) yet her schedule is so busy all the time :? Or if it is going to cost anything then she is broke. Same old tired song with that POS but oh sing her praises as MOTY

christinen's picture

I think she is just a lazy piece of trash because she had no idea that we had plans (unless she just assumed we did because we were kid-free). I mean I have no issue with taking SD trick or treating. I actually misread the calendar and thought SD would be with us on Halloween (few weeks back) and I picked out a costume for her and everything (didn’t buy it when I realized she would be with BM). My issue is that BM waits until a few hours before it’s actually time to go out to tell DH she’s not taking SD. She lives an hour away and has no car so DH has to leave work early (without pay), drive all the way down there & all the way back and most likely pick up a costume for SD since I’m SURE BM didn’t get her one. I mean it’s ridiculous! People like her need to be banned from reproducing.

Breezey's picture

I don't even ask anymore. I just assume we have the kids because any inconvenience for BM will mean my DH will be taking care of it.

3familiesIn1's picture

Its BMs day here too, SD asked to come to our house which was allowed (BM is thrilled to give her up) DH told me that BM tried to convince SS to come too but he didn't want to. HAHAHAHA BM - watch your own kid. Same here, BM would rather send them here than have to get off her lazy ass and do something with\for her kids. SS7 I am sure was strategic in his choice - he would go anywhere he could just to be able to monopolize one parents attention - so by staying there, he can get BM all to himself 100000% which is his normal ultimate goal. I am happy because now I will actually get 5 mins of time with my husband - when SS is here, I get nothing - I don't even try - I just do what it is we are doing with my 2 bios and SD - DH is usually too monopolizer to even notice most of the time.

However I digress.... yep - our BM is like yours - she often gives the kids up to DH for things that require her to do anything other than lay on her bed and watch TV.

sandyval's picture

Your SD will remember these times with her daddy...sometimes these crazy women that act like that just don't know what they are missing

ThatGirl's picture

BM and skids act like they are doing us some sort of favor when we get stuck with them on "her" holidays. It royally pisses me off.