You are here

All the kids having the same rules?

Sarowyn0608's picture

Do you do this with your bios and skids?
How is it working? (Or not)?

Sarowyn0608's picture

How do you handle it when skid says "well why doesn't (your child) have to eat it!!"

clark6292's picture

There are no rules on how you two decide to manage your blended family, because what works for some doesn't work for others. Kids, in general, need different rules depending on their age category. I think the most important thing is that you and DH are on the same page and agree to them. Almost always, there will be one parent who does more of the enforcing. You sound like the enforcer type because you are inquiring about rules. It does create issues with skids when the enforcer is the step parent... so it is really important to have back up from DH when you need it.

Acratopotes's picture

Nope not at all......

i raise my son with principles and values, he tried the but Aergia does not have to... I replied with, well I'm not her mother but I'm yours so shut up and move....

not my problem what happens to Aergia in life,

Rags's picture

That is exactly what should happen. With some adjustment for the age of each kid.

Kids need to have rules and standards of reasonable behavior set and enforced. Nothing teaches the criticality of compliance faster than immediately applied consequences when a kid chooses to violate the household rule and standards of behavior.

IMHO of course.