You are here

To keep quiet, or to say something?

Childless stepmom's picture

So, last month was my birthday, sd15 through a hissy fit because her DH mentioned that he may take me somewhere for the day(happened to be there first weekend with us in a year( not a clever thing for DH) and to top it all I commented on her recently dyed black hair saying I had done it once and it took my stylist 2 years to get rid of it. I did not say it was ugly, it's not, but in her mind she twisted it to mean that. So she did not call, text anything for my birthday. Obviously hurt, I mentioned to DH and asked what the problem was ? And the whole hair story comes out- to which DH corrected her, as he was there, and said I did not say it was ugly. Then SD15 said she felt awkward texting me from BM's phone. I can understand that. However, a few days later she has no issue texting me from BM's phone to ask if she can borrow something of mine. Now, that part I Don't get...., SD11 text me no problem for my bday. So.... It's SD15's bday this weekend.
She has arrange with her dad and friends to meet up somewhere and needs her dad to take her. I'm at my stylist (funny that)... So here is where it gets interesting... My car is more suitable for fetching and carrying a bunch of teens... DH' s is not... I have reminded him that I'm out, and he is lik" sure take your time ( which I fully intend to do)but I'm guessing he has not thought about the logistics of fetching and carrying. I don't drive DH car as it's stick, and I have not done so in years. . . . Hmmm. Dilemma! Do I enquirer about the logistics and ask how it's going to work, or just carry on with my plans. It's not like its impossible to do, I am just not sure how teens feel about a pick up as a choice of transport... Not a priority, but it is her bday get together

Mikhaila87's picture

I'd mention about the issue fitting kids in his car...however there isn't anything you can do to help. So it is out of your hands. If you get back in time, great for the skid if not, then no problem.

zerostepdrama's picture

Are you hesitant to mention this to DH (and possibly help out) because you are hurt that SD didnt text you on your b-day?

No. Bygones about my bday... It's just I know they probably have not thought about it.
The logistics! And I don't want to have to change my plans or rush back because they have not thought of something... That's why I'm hesitant

AllySkoo's picture

Unless you're going to offer to switch cars (which it sounds like you sort of can't, as DH's car is stick shift), I wouldn't mention it. DH is a big boy and capable of thinking for himself, so unless you've got a proposed solution I'd leave it alone. Have fun and let him worry about playing taxi!

Rags's picture

Though I am rarely one to keep quiet, I have never regretted the rare occassions when I have managed to bite my tongue.

In this case there may just be some very entertaining outcomes to keeping quiet. }:)

Evil stepmonster's picture

You go enjoy your time with your stylist and let him and SD worry about logistics.

Jsmom's picture

This is on him. Also, don't get in the habit of loaning out your car. You will regret it. For me, it was always my car the kids learned to drive on and not DH's. Has annoyed me. But, I actually like my SS and have gotten over it and he has a truck now that my kids share. But, started to irritate me that they never learned on DH's car.

If I had a bad relationship with my SS, this would have been a fight.

SunnySkies's picture

Not your problem. It's up to him to sort out the transport - take as long as you like at the stylist!

So DH has finally realized
Submitted by Childless stepmom on Fri, 02/06/2015 - 10:27pm.
So DH has finally realized his logistical problem for tomorrow and asked if he can borrow my car. .... I've politely said that I won't be back in time as have arranged the day now and won't be back in time. Sorry

MissJulsie's picture

Ha ha ! Smile

Final outcome was that I went and had my hair done and brunch with my friend, and DH and SD had to make do.
I did get a message during the day from DH that he was with sulky(SD11 because he did not buy her something she wanted) and was on his way to fetch moody(SD15) as it was raining where she was. All and all I had a fantastic day.