You are here

Oh yay! Long weekend away with step kids

Childless stepmom's picture

I'm so looking forward to this weekend away with the SD15 & SD11....not! So, after refusing to come to the concert I bought tickets for, for them, They now want to come with for the weekend. I'm mad because they getting rewarded for bad behavior. I don't get it. Now my weekend away is spoilt by a skid that will purposefully go out of her way to make it unpleasant. Blah!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

If it were me, seriously, I would cancel the trip! I would tell DH flat out that if the skids are coming, no trip. It was supposed to be time away for the two of you...not a family mini-vaca! With their behavior, they do not deserve a trip anywhere. Let him break the news to them that the trip is cancelled. I would make sure to cancel any reservations personally, and then tell DH that I did so. Yeah, you would be out your weekend, but DH will hopefully think twice before inviting the brats again. Make your own plans for the weekend...shopping, coffee with a girl friend, etc. Leave him at the house alone with the brats without your company.

Somuchdrama's picture

Exactly! Over my dead body would I being going on this trip with these precious skids.

Folks here know I have no qualms about cancelling plans to avoid letting the skid go! When BS20's yearbook ended up "missing" and HHB lied about it, I made it clear to DH that either HHB was prohibited from going to RenFest with us, or we wouldn't go to RenFest at all! Sure, I really wanted to go...I love RenFest...so he knew I was serious when I told him if he wouldn't break the news to HHB that she had to go to BM's that weekend, we wouldn't go at all. HHB ended up having to go to BM's that weekend, while we went to have fun. And sure enough, HHB started calling DH shortly after noon asking him when we were going to be back, because she didn't feel well and wanted to be picked up (as she still lived with us at the time). I gave DH the look and told him we weren't leaving until I was ready to, so he had to tell his precious princess to take some Advil and go lay down and wait him out. I KNEW she was trying to spoil our fun, and wasn't having a bit of it! I mean, she has used not feeling well way too many times in the past to avoid visits with DH while living with BM...so why couldn't she deal with being at BM's while not feeling well?

It's been more than 3 months now since HHB has been in this house...since I've had to see her. DH and I do all kinds of stuff now...hang out with friends, go on weekend trips. Oh, and for the curious...that yearbook never showed up!! I'm sure that the book ended up over at BM's...so does BS20 and BD24.

It is unfortunately our weekend with the little self absorbed vessels, they were invited a while back before all their crap attitude started because I picked one out for lying. Now everything is my fault, naturally, because for some warped reasoning in their broken thoughts and lives I'm someone they feel they need to compete with for DH's favor and affection. Plus they Live with BM phsycotic terrorist so her evilness just spills out onto them. SD11 after having no issues and all excited about coming is now too scared to stay away from home town .... For crying in a bucket, now it have satan's spawn all by herself.... Joys!

Seriously, I don't care if they were invited before they acted like brats! Our RenFest stuff was planned before HHB lied about the "missing" yearbook. Bad behavior can cause plans to be changed, and or things to be taken away. That is parenting...and if DH can't see that, that is his problem.

I bought tickets to a concert One Direction - hello! Which was last weekend, SD15 refused to go,... As a protest to her dislike of me, and a kick to see me waste money on the,. They have truly cooked their goose with me. Never ever will they ever get anything from me.i will never ever buy them jack shit

Rags's picture

Nope, tell DH either it is a trip for you and he alone or it is canceled and you will spend the weekend at a spa while he feeds and cares for his own spawn.

I would not tolerate that kind of manipulative sneaky crap were I you.

I tried that . I would rather stay. But he has a point when he said then I am behaving just like them, childish. You have no idea how I want to be nasty, and how I really don't want to go, but maybe that is exactly how they want it to play out

I got to find a better way to handle this crap. Unfortunately, the only way to win with toxic people is not to play

Yeah! I'm done. I'll go, but so not going to make conversation or go out of my way. She is just there, a shadow. Nothing more.